+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tim, aka "Joe Schmo"

Tim, aka "Joe Schmo"

[IMG]images/img/js2_tim.jpg[/IMG]

Tim is the youngest of four kids and was born in Wilmington, Delaware, although he has spent the last 20 years living in the DC area. He graduated from Mt. St. Mary's College with a degree in business and finance, which will serve him well when he opens up his own bar in the near future. After losing one of his best friends to cancer at age 23 Tim decided to live his own life to the fullest, which was definitely a factor in his decision to be on JOE SCHMO 2. Although Tim was dating someone when he was approached to be on the show, he ultimately decided that he didn't want to pass up this opportunity and ended the relationship. As Tim put it, "That was the smartest decision I made since buying Enron shares."

Q: What was the worst pickup line you ever used on a girl and what was her response?
    A:Hi, I'm Tim. I'm gay and I live with my parents. Up for a challenge? Her response...."Good for you."

Q: What are your best traits?
    A:I'm honest, witty, a smart-ass and play a mean game of Ms. Pac Man.

Q: What are your worst traits?
    A:I'm selfish, a smart-ass, my needlepoint needs work and I can't roller skate worth a squirt.

Q: Describe your perfect meal.
    A:Kraft Deluxe Mac and Cheese. Served delicious every time.

Q: Describe a perfect night out.
    A:Happy hour on the water, a fantastic steak dinner, then drinks with friends in a great neighborhood bar

Q: What was the saddest moment of your life?
    A:Losing one of my friends to cancer. He became a hero for all of his friends. Not once did his plight discourage him. It's tough watching a 23-year old man die.

Q: Do you have any hobbies and why do you enjoy them?
    A:Lacrosse, mountain biking, writing and watching great cult classics. Lacrosse and biking get me outside on nice days and keep me in shape. Writing and cult classics keep me busy on the not so nice days.

Q: Describe a family ritual from your childhood.
    A:Besides the animal sacrifices we were kind of normal. We went to church on Sundays, went to the beach in the summertime.

Q: What will your life be like in 1 year? 5 years? 10 years? 20 years?
    A:One year, I will have opened my own bar. Five year, married and expecting first or second child. Ten years, Little League, expecting the last child. Twenty years, paying for college!

Q: Tell us why we should cast you. Why would people want to watch you on TV?
    A:I'm energetic and try to have fun all the time. Plus, why not? I'm an entertainer and enjoy making people laugh and getting to know them.

Q: What would be your concerns about having intimate moments broadcast on TV?
    A:That my mom will see my tattoos!

I wonder if, as a matter of self preservation, they ever ask:

Q: What's the worst prank anyone's ever pulled on you and how did you react?

Review of applicants: Okay, we're passing on anyone who has a federal conviction as a result of that. Oh look... misdemeanor... we'll put him in the maybe pile.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    looks like this year is going to be Joe Stooge....and its not going to be the funny one with Shemp.......

Quote Originally Posted by museumguy
    looks like this year is going to be Joe Stooge....and its not going to be the funny one with Shemp.......
    This guy's a tool.

His perfect meal is KD? Oh lord. My perfect meal was KD when I was 5.

You're right.. he's a stooge.

Oh, I think that's adorable. He seems bright and funny. Can't wait.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Fogey
    I think he looks like he'll be fun. (Don't be a hater about the Kraft Mac and Cheese, its good!)

FORT Newbie
    This guy is really unlikeable. Sort of a Hobbit sized version of MKG. What I don't understand is how a "bartender" can never have heard about the original JoeShmoe. I'd understand if it was a computer analyst, or a engineer maybe, but how can someone bartend for the entire run of JoeShmoe and never heard of the show.

This guy seems like a fraud to me. Or a plant by the producers. An actor pretending to be a Shmoe.

This reminds me of the movie Twins. All the good things (height, brains, genuiness, loyalty, courage, emotion) went to Matt and all the garbage went to Tim. To be honest I hope they kick him off the show because he's booooooorrrrrrring.

What I don't understand is how a "bartender" can never have heard about the original JoeShmoe. I'd understand if it was a computer analyst, or a engineer maybe, but how can someone bartend for the entire run of JoeShmoe and never heard of the show.
    I'm sorry, but WTF are you talking about? Bartenders, by default, MUST know about Joe Schmo, while people who have been to college most likely have never heard of it?

I don't see how you could POSSIBLY draw that conclusion.

How can you call him boring? The fake hypnotism thing was hilarious. I think hes really funny. He is there to have a good time and not over analyze things like Ingrid is.

FORT Newbie
    Let me illustrate my point more clearly for you J. As a Bartender you talk to with alot of people. Someone in a less people oriented vocation, such as a computer analyst or goverment worker such as (Ingrid) would be less likely to hear of JoeShmoe. I find it hard to belive that a Bartender like Tim, would never have heard of the Joe Shmoe show, or the concept of the show during the run of Joe Shmoe 1.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast