+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Joe Schmo II will premiere on SpikeTV on June 15

Joe Schmo II will premiere on SpikeTV on June 15

Great news, Rhett Rheese (muggum for those that remember him), just announced this here http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...47#post1870747

Payroll, Angie, Inundated, MitchO, etc.,

The news is going national, so I thought you should hear it from me. We just shot Joe Schmo 2! It's in the can and being edited as we speak. This time, we went after the relationship genre (if you've seen enough Bachelors, you're gonna love this one). And we have a Joe Schmo AND a Jane Schmo. Mark down June 15 on your calendars, and thanks for all the continued support! It's been murder keeping this a secret!

R

p.s. Ralph the host is back, in disguise as arrogant but horny British host Derek Newcastle. Accent and all. Funnier than ever!

Chris

And here is the official news release!

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve...445|1|,00.html

'Joe Schmo' Meets 'Jane Schmo' in June
    (Monday, April 12 08:31 AM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Spike TV has wrapped photography on the second season of its popular reality entry "The Joe Schmo Show." Creatively (and hopefully tentatively) titled "Joe Schmo 2," the series will premiere on Tuesday, June 15. Fortunately, there will be a twist.

This time, in addition to a Joe Schmo, there will also be a Jane Schmo. Raising the improv ante, the team of actors will surround not one, but two real people -- a man and a woman -- who think they're part of a reality television show.

The new show-within-the-show is called "Last Chance For Love" and will parody relationship shows like "For Love or Money" or "The Bachelor." The absurd competitions, shocking twists and over-the-top eviction ceremonies will be overseen by Ralph Garman, the host of the first "Joe Schmo." This time he'll be in disguise playing pompous British host Derek Newcastle.
    "We know that guys despise reality relationship shows, so what better genre to mess with on behalf of guys everywhere," says Kevin Kay, executive vice president of programming and production, Spike TV.

"Joe Schmo" writer-creators Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese return for the second go-round, joined by David G. Stanley, Scott A. Stone and Anthony Ross.

The October finale of the first "Joe Schmo" drew 3.4 million viewers, mammoth numbers by Spike TV standards.

Chris

FORT Fogey
    I must say that I am extremely excited about this... thanks mrpayroll for bringing it to our attention!

This is very exciting!

That is awesome, I cannot wait for this!

Woohoo! I cannot wait! This was a classic reality show!

Yippee! I loved the first one! My kid thought I was nuts for getting so sucked into it, but oh well! I'm a junkie!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

good news

i knew they could pull it off, but why take the chance using the same host, somebody could have recognized him even with the disguise

I just can't wait to see what this disguise is, I am pretty sure he will have us dying laughing again.

Smarmy Ralph with a Brit accent.

*rubs hands together in anticipation*
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast