+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Joe Schmo II will premiere on SpikeTV on June 15

FORT Newbie
    The Joe Schmo show clearly engaged in deceptive practices, making a person believe he was engaging in a bona fide contest, wherein the winner would be awarded a large monetary prize. By the fact that they manipulated the outcome of this so-called contest, and by the fact that "Joe Schmo" reasonably thought it was a legitimate contest, the producers have committed fraud against him. Their only defense against criminal liability for this offense, is if "Joe Schmo" is actually AWARDED THE FULL PRIZE OF THE SUPPOSEDLY BONA FIDE CONTEST.

NOTE: WAIVERS THAT CONTESTANTS SIGN BEFORE APPEARING ON TELEVISION SHOWS DO NOT, AND CANNOT BY LAW, EXCUSE CRIMINAL LIABILIITY FOR ANY OFFENSE.

FORT Fogey
    Actually Arbiter, he DID get the $100,000 dollars there, so looks like your whole case went out the window...

:deadhorse

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter
    The Joe Schmo show clearly engaged in deceptive practices, making a person believe he was engaging in a bona fide contest, wherein the winner would be awarded a large monetary prize. By the fact that they manipulated the outcome of this so-called contest, and by the fact that "Joe Schmo" reasonably thought it was a legitimate contest, the producers have committed fraud against him. Their only defense against criminal liability for this offense, is if "Joe Schmo" is actually AWARDED THE FULL PRIZE OF THE SUPPOSEDLY BONA FIDE CONTEST.

NOTE: WAIVERS THAT CONTESTANTS SIGN BEFORE APPEARING ON TELEVISION SHOWS DO NOT, AND CANNOT BY LAW, EXCUSE CRIMINAL LIABILIITY FOR ANY OFFENSE.

Arbiter, give it a rest. He won all the money that was available and when he signed up, he knew that anything goes.

Matt has posted on this board, as has his sister, and he holds no bad feelings towards the actors or producers. It was a win win for everyone.

Chris

FORT Newbie
    In the case given, the fact that he was given the money is a defense to criminal liability. I already stated that.

In the case given, the fact that he was given the money is a defense to criminal liability. I already stated that.
    Arbiter, let me ask you, are you an attorney?

Chris

FORT Newbie
    No, but I am studying to be one. My uncle was an attorney for about 25-30 years

No, but I am studying to be one. My uncle was an attorney for about 25-30 years

Okay! So you probably know more about the law than me. So we will have to agree to disagree on this issue!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mrpayroll
    Hey getreal, long time no see. It's good to see your caricatures again. Can't wait to see your new ones, once Joe Schmo II starts.
    Thanks for that, Mr. Payroll.

Arbiter, with all due respect, it's okay to study to become a lawyer and to maintain a sense of humor. I know. My lawyer (intellectual property attorney) has a great sense of humor! If you watched the original Joe Schmo show and check in and post here in this forum, you have to admit that you are a fan.

Have you seen "Scare Tactics"? That show disturbs me, as it just seems to be mean-spirited, elaborate pranks with no real payoff (literally or figuratively). Compare that show with Joe Schmo, and especially after seeing the production staff and actors fretting over Matt's reaction when he started getting emotional at one point early on, and you have to lighten up and admit that the show was done with loving intention towards the subject of the show.

And when it coms to "fraud" and "deception", you'd have to prosecute every magician act. Your complaint about thousands of dollars being at stake is redundant because Matt was the big winner the day they selected him to participate, as they intended all along for him to receive the grand prize.

Breathe deeply, relax, and try to let it go.

PSi
    I hope that all the old cast members return for this one in some way.
    And i think i'ts funny that the show hasn't even started, yet we're all fighting about the last one. The show's over, just's just leave it be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast