Closed Thread
Page 9 of 538 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109509 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Schmo 1 (all posts)

Foggy Doggy
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobs
    I love this show. I'm probably not in the target audience but I like it nonetheless. If this show gets its own board, that would be great. It has gotten a lot of posts here. And like in the other forums, there is a lot that can be discussed and posted about.
    I agree, we could have a thread about each of the "characters" including the schmoe....and also a thread about the immunity robe game, etc....this could be a great forum.

YCan'tAngieRead said
    (I assume males 20ish to 35ish, since you are on Spike TV)
    Just to let Muggins know, I'm 36 and still love it. Tears were falling !!!!

John, you have created what I think, and I'm sure every one would agree, a wonderful forum site. From what I've seen it has fulfilled an incredible need to be informed and to discuss these shows we love ( and love to hate ) in an educated and friendly manner.
    On other threads the show gets discussed long before a recapper gets involved. Maybe what this show needs is its own thread just so you can see the response. How many people are going past, without seeing it because it is not listed.
    To paraphrase... " If you build it they will come. "
    Whatever your decision John, thank you for building and developing and presiding over the FORT.
    Headlines
    Iran says it shot down unmanned US spy plane.
    Lemonade recalled due to possibleglass fragments in Canada.
    Lindsay Lohan to join Celebrity Big Brother.

Anybody else need a dandelion break???

FORT Newbie
    This is really a funny show. I waver back and forth wondering if Matt is an actor (and the other actors don't know it) or if he is just as he is presented. But going with the latter premise...even if he suspected that things were wrong, why would he think that everything was fake? It is like a long-term Candid Camera, but Candid Camera events took at most a day (when they'd have a temp secretary) - not however long this goes on for. And if he is really "just Matt", and started to think "Hey, there's something really screwy here"...even if he started to think the whole thing was fake, I'd think he'd start thinking that that line of thinking was more than just a little paranoid.

Of course, Joe Schmo II should be next - the same over the top settings (The Mole music, smarmy host, FLOM fireplace, and of course all the Survivor references...) but this time, the other "contestants" would be real contestants, each pretending (since they'd seen the original) that they didn't know the others were actors, not realizing that none of them were. And it wouldn't be that hard to get the sterotyped contestants, every reality show has them, just usually not quite so over-the-top as on Joe Schmo...

Foggy Doggy
    John, I believe 5 pages on this thread in 4 days shows it should be a viable forum.....but it's your call.

This show is an absolute hoot! More fun than any of the other reality shows. Please give it a home, John.

I think the premise may have been to feature Matt, but the real fun is watching the "cast" screw up and have to make quick recovery. Har! Loving it!

That actually gained in popularity during the showing, much to my surprise. No, we dumped Anything For Love, Sopranos, and a couple of others.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YCan'tAngieRead
    Wow. America's Next Top Model. Even I haven't heard of that one. Sounds like something I would have scratched my eyes out while watching.

And you're very welcome, Muggum.
    America's Next Top Model turned out to be a really great show. In fact, I believe there will be a second season coming up soon. Maybe you should watch it and see if you like it.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

On Hiatus
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    we dumped Anything For Love
    Wow. That WAS a quality show. I think I actually watched it twice. There's an hour of my life I'll never get back.

Quote Originally Posted by breathless4915
    America's Next Top Model turned out to be a really great show. In fact, I believe there will be a second season coming up soon. Maybe you should watch it and see if you like it.
    At the rate I'm going, I'm sure I will. I used to hate reality shows, then I started watching some this summer out of shear boredom, and thanks to this board sparking my interest (thanks a lot, John ) I've wasted all kinds of time watching most every reality show at least once. Whee. Models, however...eyah. The talent type shows aren't nearly as interesting to me (with the odd exception of Nashville Star...for some reason I really enjoyed that.)

But back to Joe... For everyone who's watched the show premier...I know this has sort of already been covered, but I'd be interested Why do you like/dislike this show-boiled down to one or two sentences.
    My roommate and I have been discussing this at length. So I'm really quite curious...especially for those of you who dislike it. (Aside from the Hands On A Hooker thing...I guess I can understand why that'd be offensive to some.)
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

On Hiatus
    Wait. I just decided I should kick it off by answering my own question, just to get the ball rolling...

I enjoy this show for the following reasons: watching the actors try and follow their own improv story lines (I've been there-it's not easy...), seeing the actors make fun of other reality shows ("Lap Of Luxury My Ass!"), pondering if "Joe" is really that stupid or if we're being duped, too, and the total over-the-top nature of the story lines, making fun of other reality shows.

(And secretly, I'm almost glad "Joe" only gets a thread...I can hardly keep up with all the boards in here these days. Shhh. Don't tell anyone.)
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

Closed Thread