Thread: Joe Schmo 1 (all posts)

Foggy Doggy
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    The requirements aren't exactly set in stone....But roughly:

1) One of our staff members volunteers to recap
    2) We think it'll actually stay on the air through the whole run
    3) We think there will be a moderate amount of interest from our members
    4) How many other shows are airing in the same time frame

I have a hard time qualifying this as a reality show, to tell you the truth. It's more like a serialized version of Punk'd. Sure, it's unscripted for one of the participants, but does that make it reality?
    Well I for one, would post about it, but only you can make this decision John, but I do feel it deserves to be here as much as QEFTSG, which is also a "borderline" Reality Show.

I agree that QE is a borderline show, which is why it also didn't have a forum of its own, until we found a recapper and had almost 300 messages in the QE thread.

(Note, I'm not saying 300 is the magic number)

FORT Fan
    Hey all. I'm one of the producers of Joe Schmo. Not sure what the etiquette is regarding visiting a thread about your own show, but here I am nonetheless! I, too, hope the show gets its own forum for obvious reasons, but that's clearly up to the moderators. Keep casting your 'votes' if you like the show!

Anyway, I'm happy to read all the positive comments. It's very gratifying! =) Keep tuning in, and if anyone has any questions, feel free to fire away. I'll check back in periodically,

Muggum

On Hiatus
    1) One of our staff members volunteers to recap
    2) We think it'll actually stay on the air through the whole run
    3) We think there will be a moderate amount of interest from our members
    4) How many other shows are airing in the same time frame
    I have a hard time qualifying this as a reality show, to tell you the truth.
    About #1...good grief. How do you get people to recap, say...Performing As..? You must have some really great bribes.

And back in my original post I noted that this was only like, 1/16th reality...but the more I think about it, the more I think it's more of a reality show than we give it credit for. Like...a reality show for the producers and directors, and not just "Joe". Hopefully that makes sense.

Of course it's not totally a reality show...but in my opinion, neither is American Idol (ducks the onslaught of rotten tomatoes) or the aforementioned TV crapfest, Performing As...

At any rate...thanks for clearing that up for me, John. I'd been pondering that for some time now.

And welcome, Muggum...
    Quote Originally Posted by Muggum
    Anyway, I'm happy to read all the positive comments.
    If it makes you feel better, your target audience (I assume males 20ish to 35ish, since you are on Spike TV) has totally fallen in love with the show in my house. It's been...several days since the premier and he's STILL talking about it.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

On Hiatus
    Oh, and I forgot...whether or not this show gets its own board, I'm very thankful there's at least a thread for me to comment on the show. Thanks, John!

And a question for John or whomever...have there been shows that have gotten their own board when it was already on the air? I'm just curious as to which shows might have been overwhelmingly more popular than people at first thought it would be.
    -The Joe Schmo Show

Yes, QEFTSG and America's Next Top Model both got their own forums when it was abundantly clear they needed them. And we've gotten rid of a forum or two for shows that we guessed wrong the other way about as well.

FORT Fan
    Thanks, Angie. Great to hear! =)

On Hiatus
    Wow. America's Next Top Model. Even I haven't heard of that one. Sounds like something I would have scratched my eyes out while watching.

And you're very welcome, Muggum.
    -The Joe Schmo Show

I love this show. I'm probably not in the target audience but I like it nonetheless. If this show gets its own board, that would be great. It has gotten a lot of posts here. And like in the other forums, there is a lot that can be discussed and posted about.

Foggy Doggy
    Yes, QEFTSG and America's Next Top Model both got their own forums when it was abundantly clear they needed them. And we've gotten rid of a forum or two for shows that we guessed wrong the other way about as well.
    I'm not sure, but I'll guess that "Get me out of here I'm a celebrity" was one of those thta lost a forum ? Right ?

If ever there was abomb of a REALITY show that was it.....good grief that was AWFUL.

Closed Thread