Closed Thread
Page 6 of 538 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106506 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Schmo 1 (all posts)

Foggy Doggy
    Quote Originally Posted by holiday
    I love the idea for this show, was the first episode 2 hours? I saw about 45 minutes of it (maybe it was only an hour) and I think as they get going and they start playing there characters over the top, and turning on each other, and really crank up the drama it will be pretty funny.

It's also going to be funny to have him lose pretty much every competition, he seems like he's competitive and probably is used to winning (he actually kinda reminds me of Mark Cuban). As they said he's a perfect fit to be Joe Schmo, he actually seems really cool, and he's really open and straightforward.

One other think that will be interesting to see how many times the actors screw up and have to recover, probably moreso in the early episodes, it's going to be hard probably to be in character and remember everything 24 hours a day for a long period of time (especially if anyone gets sauced). The only thing I didn't like was that there seemed to be a heck of a lot of commercials, I mean in 1 15 minute block they went for ads like 3 times i think!
    1st show was 2 hours ; I believe the remaining shows will only be 1 hour.

I can't wait til next week and the gay guy goes all Miss Thang when he finds someone took the butt pictures for his scrap book....that looks hilarious. I'll bet Hutch wins immunity every week....Matt will catch on though if that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by ElJay
    IThe 'host' really doesn't seem any worse than that guy on For Love or Money.
    The FLOM guy totally blows!!! And I agree, this host is just as bad!!

It must be hard for the actors to keep their roles going 24/7... I guess I can't blame them too much for messing up every now and then... A couple of them are quite talented though... I'm mainly thinking of "Kip" (the gay guy) and also "the Hutch"...

I wonder how they decide who should be evicted each show? Hopefully they should pick the worst actor of each week since s/he's the most dangerous one to give the secret away... The best actor could be the last one standing (besides Matt) and he could earn a special cash bonus... That would really give the actors an incentive to do a good job.

It's a good thing that one chick was sent home last night though, because she stunk! Waaaaay too dramatic...

I wonder also how much time is there between each eviction? One week? One day?

On Hiatus
    Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur
    This is a thread... I assume you mean get its own board? I'd second that motion!
    Yes, thank you. I meant board. Pardon my tonsilitis induced stupidity.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    Yes. They are replaying it Sept 7 at 8pm. (Eastern)

Of course, if Spike TV is anything like the New TNN, I'm sure you'll find it sandwiched between episodes of Real TV.
    Spike TV is the new TNN. Same channel, same shows... new name.
    "'Your best?' Losers always whine about 'their best.' Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

Joe Schmo is one of the funniest "reality"shows on t.v. now.The part when He reconized Tawny Roberts when She removed Her top was priceless.He thought she looked familiar but when He saw Her breasts that's all it took to jog His memory.I think I had the same thing happen to me once.But that's a story for another time.The reason He didn't focus on Gina's overacting is that He thought She screwed Him by putting Him up for eviction.They thought She had blown their cover.Boy did They luck out.

Father Time lol
    It was alright, could have been much better. I want to know how long these "actors" have been studying their roles because they were pretty inconsistent. As long as "Joe" thinks it's real, it's all good then.
    Big Brother 10 - Dan, Memphis

Absolutly fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This show rocks. Please.......
    p..l...e...a....s....e give Joe Schmo its own board.
    Headlines
    Iran says it shot down unmanned US spy plane.
    Lemonade recalled due to possibleglass fragments in Canada.
    Lindsay Lohan to join Celebrity Big Brother.

Anybody else need a dandelion break???

I LOVED this show. If you watch all those reality shows, you get the parodies of each. They had a Big Brother HOH thing. They had the For Love or Money fireplace. They had the survivor voting.

Go "The Hutch"!!!!! The actor playing him is a riot "I swear I'm not and a**hole. I'm really a nice guy"

On Hiatus
    "I swear I'm not and a**hole. I'm really a nice guy"
    Yes, I actually laughed aloud at that, and I never laugh outloud. The actors are so much fun to watch.

Perhaps I'm enjoying this show because I'm also watching Paradise Hotel and really, there's less acting on Joe than PH.

And it's just SO ludicrous. It's funny how they play it SO over the top just to keep Matt always just a little bit wondering "What the....?"

Also, we were discussing what kind of low budget cable production this guy thinks he signed on for-I mean, $100k? Good grief.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

Closed Thread