Closed Thread
Page 53 of 538 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Schmo 1 (all posts)

Quote Originally Posted by johnyIROC
    If my lawyers drew it up?
    You have lawyers??

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by getreal
    You have lawyers??
    Who doesn't these days? I'm assuming you...

Without trying to find a loophole in wording, would you take a bet to say that Matt was in no way in on it? If my lawyers drew it up?

I know you can't come right out and say I was right... much like the David Blaine special where they say no ropes were used for his levitation...

Why is it so important to you whether Matt is 'in on it' or not? This is not a documentary where the truth is needed. Television for the most part is escapism, made purely for our enjoyment (and ad revenue for the networks ) That's all this show is, a case in human study.

I really think the producers picked Matt, because they could see the goodness in him and wanted to see how he would react in different situations. The only time that he didn't react in a 'good way', in my opinion, was when he turned on Ashleigh when he found out that she 'liked' Ralph. But I felt for him, because I would have done the same thing. Love/lust will do that to a guy!

I will be here at the end of the series and if you are proven right about all that you said, then I will say that you were 100% (or whatever the figure is) right. But will you be posting here in the end and admit that you were wrong in questioning the sincerity of the producer and actors and the series?

Chris

Who doesn't these days? I'm assuming you...
    I'm 42 years old and have never had to speak to a lawyer, professionally!

Chris

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpayroll
    Why is it so important to you whether Matt is 'in on it' or not? This is not a documentary where the truth is needed. Television for the most part is escapism, made purely for our enjoyment (and ad revenue for the networks ) That's all this show is, a case in human study.

I really think the producers picked Matt, because they could see the goodness in him and wanted to see how he would react in different situations. The only time that he didn't react in a 'good way', in my opinion, was when he turned on Ashleigh when he found out that she 'liked' Ralph. But I felt for him, because I would have done the same thing. Love/lust will do that to a guy!

I will be here at the end of the series and if you are proven right about all that you said, then I will say that you were 100% (or whatever the figure is) right. But will you be posting here in the end and admit that you were wrong in questioning the sincerity of the producer and actors and the series?

Chris

I will definitely come back and appologize to everyone if I am not right.

And I've said... either way, I think it's great television and very entertaining... this is the only reality show I've gotten into since the original survivor, and I think it's mostly because of this "conspiracy theory" so good job to the creators... even if it's all in my head.

ekb
    FORT Regular
    thanks random terrain...and johnnyiroc...and yes..i would take that bet :-)...two words you should never believe in hollywood (except now)...trust me...he's not an actor, he doesn't know (up to this point in the show) that we are actors and he's not in on anything...the show is what it purports to be.

isn't that twist enough!!!!!! these reality shows have turned everyone into oliver stone!!!

anyway, enjoy the show, it gets better and better...i assure you, if you like it now, you are going to love what's coming up in the final episodes...and i'm not saying that to plug the show...as i posted on another board, i come in here because it's so cool to talk to people who are enthusiastic about the show. thanks again so much...to all of you...especially guys like johnnyiroc and mr. payroll who put so much thought into their opinions and take the time to voice them. i'm sure i speak for everyone invovled with the show when i say how appreciated your thoughts are.
    bk

On Hiatus
    Quote Originally Posted by mad01
    In other matters, I'm a little troubled by a couple posts claiming that the producers and actors are especially nice folks cuz they were upset by Matt's crying. Sorry folks, I love this show cuz it's a great parody, but if Matt is for real, there is nothing saintly about jerking a guy's emotions around--even if you shed a tear while doing it.
    In response to this posting...... Yes we were all REALLY and TRULY upset by Matt emotions regarding the character Earl's eviction. I mean, I think it was Brian that said in an earlier posting.... even when we as actors signed onto this project, we didn't know what to expect. We had no idea that we were all gonna fall in love with Matt as a person. As far as the producers go they are the greastest folks. I think Muggum can tell you that all of the people involved in the making of this show, from the actors, producers, directors, heck even the camera people, came to know and love Matt for who he is.

-Ang
    I think I'm missing something here. Are you saying the producers and actors are just darned nice people, parody aside? I think we can see that from the way they behave...

You seem to be a little bit angry about this point, and I want to make sure I understand you clearly. Obviously it's no great thing to pull a huge prank on someone...but in this case...skrrrggh. I'm confused! He'p me!

And maybe it's just me, or are all the conspiracy theories, as interesting as they are, getting just a tad bit old? In a lot of ways I want to enjoy this show as I see it week to week without the lingering wonder-ment-thing about Matt being in on it, etc. I don't usually feel this way about "reality" shows-I usually enjoy speculations and such. But in this case...I really don't. Right now it doesn't matter to me one way or another whether Matt's in on it (and call me kooky but I tend to believe people when they say he isn't...I know, how old fashioned to be trusting...)

EDITED: However, I can understand why people would enjoy the speculation...especially after re-reading some of the latest posts. I'm just saying that I'm for some reason not enjoying them with this show (which is really unusual for me) and I'm hoping I'm not some wacko who is alone in this feeling.

At any rate, I think we can all agree...for the most part, we are really enjoying this show and I will go back on a much earlier statement I said-this really is some great TV-perhaps some of the best "reality" TV I've seen.
    Last edited by YCan'tAngieRead; 09-29-2003 at 07:48 PM.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

Quote Originally Posted by YCan'tAngieRead
    I think I'm missing something here. Are you saying the producers and actors are just darned nice people, parody aside? I think we can see that from the way they behave...

You seem to be a little bit angry about this point, and I want to make sure I understand you clearly. Obviously it's no great thing to pull a huge prank on someone...but in this case...skrrrggh. I'm confused! He'p me!
    This may be why you are confused. This part of the post was posted by pillbeam :

In other matters, I'm a little troubled by a couple posts claiming that the producers and actors are especially nice folks cuz they were upset by Matt's crying. Sorry folks, I love this show cuz it's a great parody, but if Matt is for real, there is nothing saintly about jerking a guy's emotions around--even if you shed a tear while doing it.

That wasn't Ang posting that. She posted everything after 'In response to this posting!

I think that is where you are confused. Unless I'm confused about what's confusing you!

Chris

On Hiatus
    Oh gotcha. Those darned quotes were the bane of my exsistence here until I figured out how to do them and they still catch me off guard from time to time. I should learn to read more closely.

In that case, to Angela. I hate when pranks are pulled on me but if I had to have one done to me, I'd SO choose this group of people. They seem very capable of adapting to the changes in the game-even when the tables turn on them. That article at Slate that someone posted said it better than I could.
    Last edited by YCan'tAngieRead; 09-29-2003 at 08:18 PM.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

FORT Fan
    When I spoke of my 'credibility,' I certainly wasn't implying that I had accumulated any.

What I meant to say was that, Good lord willing, this won't be the last show I ever try to produce. Consequently, I don't want to go pissing off my audience by lying to them for two and a half months and then revealing... 'Guess what?! I fooled you!' It just wouldn't be smart.

Apart from his rather eloquent defense of me, Brian was also right to say that this kind of discussion probably helps the show, particularly when people make good, impassioned, reasonable arguments. So, fire away!

Once again, I'll reiterate, Matt is a real guy who bought into Lap of Luxury. He's not an actor, and he was never in on the joke. Period. Time will prove the naysayers wrong.

Muggum

Closed Thread