Closed Thread

Thread: Joe Schmo 1 (all posts)

*crickets chirping* Guys? Guys?

Where is everybody? Has anyone joined a new TJSS forum that they can direct me to? It's sad when there's only 3 members online at once!

So Muggum, how ya doin'?
    "Fool me-fool me once, shame on you. Fool me-you can't get fooled again." - George W. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by Muggum
    Hey, everyone,

A final thanks to all parties who have made this such a fun board over the past couple months.

A little tidbit for those who haven't seen Joe yet, or who still intend to watch re-runs. Spike is planning a little surprise with the upcoming re-runs. Neither Paul, nor I, nor Stone Stanley has had anything to do with it, so we're as anxious to watch as you are. I can't say what it is yet, but keep your eyes and ears open.

I'm headed over to the Tivo Community board, where I'll continue to check in periodically.

Thanks again for ALL the wonderful support, and go, Joe go! =)

M
    BTW, Can you send me a link to the TIVO forum? I'm not too sure where to look.
    "Fool me-fool me once, shame on you. Fool me-you can't get fooled again." - George W. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by Fleurginblurgen
    I followed the link and discovered quite a profound article critiquing the Joe Schmo Show. Unfortunately, I only went to a community college and am having difficulty understanding the author of this editorial. I really would like to have understood this article, especially since this author appears to have gone to such great lengths to have composed her cynical views so descriptively.
    I think I can sum up her article quite articulately, judging by how far my, er, second year university education has gotten me:

She's not a fan.

Premium Member
    http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...hreadid=130300

hope this works! if not, try www.tivocommunity.com and search for it

In case there are people still checking here instead of at TiVo .. evidently David (and us) aren't the only ones upset by the loss of The Mullets:

http://images.ucomics.com/comics/bo/2003/bo031107.gif

FORT Newbie
    Hey ya'll.... just wanted to let ya know my website is under construction, but if you go to www.cabradio.com/angela
    you can click on the message board there,and we can all continue to post in there!

-Ang

Quote Originally Posted by mad01
    Hey ya'll.... just wanted to let ya know my website is under construction, but if you go to www.cabradio.com/angela
    you can click on the message board there,and we can all continue to post in there!

-Ang
    I'll see you there momentarily! Won't forget to bookmark it ... let me know if you need anything from me, Ang!

- Tom

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by melsbud
    Hey Ang (Mad01), when ya read this:

Just curious, were you or any of the cast ever worried that you guys were the ones being Shmoed? After all, a lot of interviews were done with Matt in private - it wouldn't have been *too* difficult.

And how often did the cast get to hang out together out of character in the mansion? Obviously during your morning meetings, but was that it? Any additional close calls/laughing fits/breaking character we don't know about?

Um, I think there was maybe one instance early into the taping of the show, that I entertained the thought that I might be getting Schmoed... but then I remembered my contract, and those thought went out the window! The only times we got to be ourselves was in the morning and at night after Matt had already been locked in his room. Of course we were all out at the Winnie, and most of us used that "free time" to return phone calls on our cells and call our families. There were several times when certain cast members had to actually turn their backs or walk out of the room so Matt wouldn't see us laugh. Those were good questions!!!

-Ang

Don't make me pop my cork shesacorker's Avatar
    Ang (Mad01)
    How has Schmoe impacted you career so far?
    -The best thing to come from doing the show?
    -The worst thing to happen from doing the show?

Quote Originally Posted by mad01

-Ang
    I just went in to take a peek, nice start you got there !!
    I only hope good things for you ......
    I didn't know until I went to your site, that Molly's last name was Crabtree...
    just make me lol
    What doesn't kill you, just screws with your head !!

Evel Doer's club member.