Closed Thread

Thread: Joe Schmo 1 (all posts)

Quote Originally Posted by John
    "bootleg" is a euphemism for "illegal". Selling DVD's, shirts with cast pictures, etc. are all illegal.
    Sorry, wasn't sure if it was 1 or 2 words... but I know it's not right and it's
    happening at one of the auctions sites, how can this be stopped..
    I think we should send Matt and the cast over to this person's house
    "knock" knock" we want our cut, do you think that might work.

MKG ROCKS

Goodbye to High Society
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrocks
    Sorry, wasn't sure if it was 1 or 2 words... but I know it's not right and it's
    happening at one of the auctions sites, how can this be stopped..
    I think we should send Matt and the cast over to this person's house
    "knock" knock" we want our cut, do you think that might work.
    I know that intellectual property is a big concern for all actors and people in the creative arts. For example, Ang had some photographs of her taken down from a website last month because the poster had not gotten permission from her or from the photographer.

I checked on eBay regarding its policies. Unfortunately, it seems to say that only the intellectual property owner has the ability to get infringing items removed. Thus, only someone from Spike TV or Stone Stanley (or whoever owns the rights) can complain.

FORT Fan
    Viacom is not going to stand by while people sell bootleg stuff. I'm told they're all over it.

Things have been quiet. A little post-partum depression...

Don't make me pop my cork shesacorker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muggum

Random neuron firings... when my wife was pregnant with our youngest we bought the boys a toy stethoscope and they would check my wife's tummy to listen for the baby. I also put on a little "sympathy weight" so they would harrass me as well with the stethoscope ("Aagh, cold!").

When we came home from the hospital with just one baby they were very confused and a little saddened.

The Man, Myth, & Legend DrBuglove's Avatar
    Things your way, or things on this thread? Hope things your way are ok..
    Hey, is this stuff supposed to smell like that?

Muggum was replying to the question (asked by Homer) "How is it going now the the fever is over??"

PSi
    Here's an interesting article on the Schmo

http://www.sfbg.com/38/06/x_flat_earth.html

FORT Fan
    Hey, everyone,

A final thanks to all parties who have made this such a fun board over the past couple months.

A little tidbit for those who haven't seen Joe yet, or who still intend to watch re-runs. Spike is planning a little surprise with the upcoming re-runs. Neither Paul, nor I, nor Stone Stanley has had anything to do with it, so we're as anxious to watch as you are. I can't say what it is yet, but keep your eyes and ears open.

I'm headed over to the Tivo Community board, where I'll continue to check in periodically.

Thanks again for ALL the wonderful support, and go, Joe go! =)

M

FORT Newbie

Ivy League Translator Needed for Article

Quote Originally Posted by PSi
    Here's an interesting article on the Schmo

http://www.sfbg.com/38/06/x_flat_earth.html
    I followed the link and discovered quite a profound article critiquing the Joe Schmo Show. Unfortunately, I only went to a community college and am having difficulty understanding the author of this editorial. It appears that the critic, in a feverish attempt to create a deep and indelible impression on the reader with her master of the English language has perhaps lost touch with the mainstream of the average "Schmo" out there in T.V. land....and well, I seem to be having trouble with the article since I threw out my unabridged dictionary. I really would like to have understood this article, especially since this author appears to have gone to such great lengths to have composed her cynical views so descriptively. *sigh* Oh well, nevermind...
    I'm sure there are other articles out there that I could probably understand better.

It's so easy to criticise while watching others do the work ..................
    .............................. .............................. . hmm, where do I sign up?

Closed Thread