Closed Thread

Thread: Joe Schmo 1 (all posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Muggum
    Didn't think of Planet of the Apes!

And yeah, we were hoping for 2 million viewers. You can imagine how thrilled we were to get as many as we did! As Kip says, we were all 'blown away!' =)

And I don't like to think of our show as another SPE or Milgram Experiment, because we tried to be careful to avoid eliciting the negative emotions found in those experiments.

M
    That's why, in my first post about SPE here - I stated to you: "I hope you WEREN'T TOO INFLUENCED (my emphasis) by the Stanford Prison Experiment...". Nor was this to be considered anywhere near a true scientific experiment with controls, etc. Nor were you RIGIDLY BOUND by the experimental ethics adopted by psychology experimenters since that time but you inherently and VOLUNTARILY did so...very admirable.

Guy

Quote Originally Posted by sstalpo
    Matt was on the EARLY SHOW! and I MISSED IT *pout*
    Did anyone see that ??
    You think you're upset .. the Early Show is only another 1 block further away from my office than the Web Cam ... i could have went down with a sign if i knew the date and time.

FORT Fan
    Thx, Guy. Yeah, we wanted to avoid the outcomes of those experiments at all costs!

Hey everyone...just thought I'd let you know........

Matt's interview on 96X in Edmonton!!

http://www.96x.ca/cgi-bin/display?category=morningshow

Quote Originally Posted by Caper42
    Hey everyone...just thought I'd let you know........

Matt's interview on 96X in Edmonton!!

http://www.96x.ca/cgi-bin/display?category=morningshow
    Thanks Caper42. I'm downloading it right now.
    Visit Random Terrain. Gaze in awe and try not to crap your pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Random Terrain
    Thanks Caper42. I'm downloading it right now.

It's an EXCELLENT interview given the day after the show ended.
    Hope you all give it a listen.

On Hiatus
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendiness
    What to watch? What a dilemma. Every once in awhile I change the channel to Spike just in case they've made a mistake or a miracle has occurred and they're rerunning any episode of TJSS whatsoever. How's THAT for an addict?
    How funny. I do this too! And it's rather stupid because I have my marathon tape in the VCR that I can turn on at any time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendiness
    I used to watch Emergency Vets but my son would leave the room as soon as it was on because he knew, sooner or later, mommy would cry.
    Yeah. I was "banned" from watching EV because I cried every time, pretty much. Then I'd want to hug my cats and they'd bite me. BTW, that show was taped very near where I used to live. We actually called the clinic once for a poison issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzzzguy
    My plans for home ownership were pretty much dashed back in early 2001 when I was laid off.
    Don't EVEN get me started on home ownership. After MY experience in, oh, 2001ish, I know I will never own a home. I lost close to $6k in that deal. So frankly, I'm not sure I'm all that sad about not owning a house.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inundated
    Barnhart is apparently a regular on a St. Louis talk radio show, hosted by Paul Harris on talk station KTRS/550. In his appearance last Tuesday, before the TJSS finale, Barnhart and Harris did talk about TJSS near the end of the interview, linked here:
    I sort of miss my "radio insider" days. I mentioned this earlier, but my on-again, off-again significant other was in radio news when we met. I sort of miss that because we were able to go to all kinds of free stuff. And I met Helen Thomas. (Whee.)

I meant to add this last night after I watched the finale AGAIN...Frank Jones' little speech to Matt was SO moving. I hope Matt realizes FDJ is right-he is doing quite well. I wish someone would say that crap about me. But first I'd need to accomplish something.

Also-I was thinking how smart it was to look for your "Matt" at community basketball games. I noticed a lot of footage from local gyms and such. People I know who are involved in those are mostly good guys, just regular old guys...I'd be interested to know someday (DVD ALERT!) where else they looked for guys and why they chose those specific places.

Did I mention I'd love to know, sometime, what all the fake food was made of?

I re-watched episode 2 last night, as well. How funny did Brian look with the bunny outfit on with an apron over it? And Earl's pole dance...?

Oh, and lastly, how funny was it when Ashleigh said that Molly bit her tongue because "she has a very big tongue"?

EDITED TO ASK: Could someone knock me over the head if the second to last episode is going to air? I still need to get it on tape.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

On Hiatus
    Oh yeah! Did Brian do an interview with 96X after the finale???

Hey! Was I asleep or did someone mention that Molly has an interview there too?
    -The Joe Schmo Show

Ok, off-topic again (yeah...sue me, alright?!)...

Muggum - wadja think of the newly added "hive" sequence to "Alien: The Director's Cut"? I still haven't seen this movie but I've got the special edition laserdisk which has many of the deleted scenes on it including that one.

I wonder if ole Ridley will do like he did with "Blade Runner" and demand that all the old NON-director's cut versions of "Alien" be taken off the market?

Guy (who's holding on tightly to his European version of "Blade Runner" with the extra scenes of violence, deadpan Harrison Ford voiceover and "happy ending"...)

P.S. Deckard IS a replicant!

P.P.S. The Bradbury Building is kewl on the inside!

Oh...and the obligatory: Joe Schmo Rocks! We want a DVD!

On Hiatus
    Matt sounds REALLY tired in that interview. Poor guy.

That's a good question, about the money and if he hadn't gotten it.
    Last edited by YCan'tAngieRead; 11-03-2003 at 11:43 AM.
    -The Joe Schmo Show

Closed Thread