Closed Thread
Page 2 of 538 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Schmo 1 (all posts)

Premium Member
    Anybody else think Joe's not "real" either?

This show is absolute crap.

It was dreadful.
    I think Matt is acting too.
    Nothing abou the show rings as remotely convincing.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I just made the same comment in a nother thread
    He doesn't appear legit to me at all.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I have to echo those sentiments. I don't how anybody could fall for this! The actors are just plain awful, and the whole thing is way over the top.

I really like the concept of this, but in this show it's so poorly executed. In terms of satire, I laughed much more at Comedy Central's "I'm a Correspondent, Please Don't Fire Me".
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I agree with you, Fluff. This is really, really bad. I don't know how they can sustain this series for more than one episode.

Matt has to be acting, I don't think anybody could be this oblivious.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

this has to be the worst tv i have ever watched

horrible acting...

the host is the worst actor in history

the games on the show are corny

what is with the throwing the plate in the fire?

um, that ain't a mansion

man this show sucks

the black chicks diatribe at the end was the worst acting next to the host

later

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    I have to echo those sentiments. I don't how anybody could fall for this! The actors are just plain awful, and the whole thing is way over the top.

I really like the concept of this, but in this show it's so poorly executed. In terms of satire, I laughed much more at Comedy Central's "I'm a Correspondent, Please Don't Fire Me".
    I liked the concept too - just like I liked the concept of Joe Millionaire, but alas, execution is just as important.

I didn't see the entire episode, but I actually really enjoyed what I saw! Even though I also thought some of the acting was pretty bad... especially that black chick at the end hollering even after she left the house for someone to "get their hands off her"

The host is so wooden he's horrible!!!! I think Matt can already tell something is up...

The one disturbing aspect of this show though, is that yjeu ar ekeeping the whole reason for his being there a secret from him, and making him the butt of a joke... I could almost consider this to be fraud... I think networks need to be careful about things like this because they could possibly be sued if they really cross the line?

Makes me realize how accurate the movie "The Truman Show" forshadowed what woul dbe coming in the future... I always thought that could never happen because we could never infringe on someone's liberties that way to film someone without their consent... However this show takes one step closer to that...

The original reality shows were all upfront to the particpants to what was going on, but only recently have we started with these tricks, like Joe Millionaire's girls not knowing that Joe was poor, and FLOM's Rob not knowing that the girls were after money, and Boy Meets Boys not knowing that some of his contestants were straight...

All that being said, I still did find this show interesting & entertaining, and I will probably continue to watch... I'd love to see Joe Schmo get it's own board here

Ph.D. Pending
    I actually enjoyed it for all the bad acting. The"lap of luxury" show looks like something Fox might have put on the air - remember Boot Camp? There have been quite a run of reality shows that have had worse premises and real contestants than this fictitous show.

I don't think Matt is acting, I just don't think he is the sharpest tool in the shed and would never make it on a real reality show so is probably just real happy to be out of his house.

I like the idea of someone buying into a reality show, then having to try and figure out how his/her strategy is going so wrong. I mean if things aren't going right in the game or the actors mess up their stories, I don't think your first thought is that the show is fake - but that a fellow contestant is being deceitful (just like on any reality show) or that the producers are making things up on the fly (like Paradise Hotel). So I can see why someone might fall for this set-up despite the bad acting of the fellow contestants (they are after all just exagerations of the type of contestants which have appeared or are cast on these shows).

I guess I am in the minority, I laughed out loud several times. "Joe" reminds me of Dave from Paradise Hotel.
    "'Your best?' Losers always whine about 'their best.' Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

Closed Thread