Closed Thread
Page 10 of 538 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110510 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Schmo 1 (all posts)

For me personally, I think reality TV is funny/entertaining/angering/dismaying enough, without having to "fake it". Once you've done a reality show where EVERYONE'S being fooled (a la Joe Millionaire), what fun is having one where just ONE person's being fooled?

On Hiatus
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    For me personally, I think reality TV is funny/entertaining/angering/dismaying enough, without having to "fake it". Once you've done a reality show where EVERYONE'S being fooled (a la Joe Millionaire), what fun is having one where just ONE person's being fooled?
    Yeah. I've thought about this too. And here's another question-wouldn't they really have to keep this show off the air until "Joe" found out, in case he totally flipped and sued or something? Shouldn't the fact that it's on the air be a statement to the fact that he's okay with being a patsy?

Of course, I could be COMPLETELY wrong. I often am.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

YCan'tAngieRead said
    Yeah. I've thought about this too. And here's another question-wouldn't they really have to keep this show off the air until "Joe" found out, in case he totally flipped and sued or something? Shouldn't the fact that it's on the air be a statement to the fact that he's okay with being a patsy?
    Media reports that I read before the show aired indicated that Matt found out at the end and was so embarrased that he has refused to promote the show. I too would be curious as to why he has not sued.
    and ...
    Why do you like/dislike this show-boiled down to one or two sentences.
    Joe Schmo is a parody of " reality " shows. It takes the elements out of those shows and stretches them to the nth degree. Sue Hawks speech, hands on the totem, the immunity idol, the rose ceremony/immunity torches, the voting procedure. Personally I almost fell to the floor at the " Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, Gina you are now dead to us." as he threw her immunity plate into the fireplace. I had tears rolling down my cheeks.
    Headlines
    Iran says it shot down unmanned US spy plane.
    Lemonade recalled due to possibleglass fragments in Canada.
    Lindsay Lohan to join Celebrity Big Brother.

Anybody else need a dandelion break???

FORT Fan
    For what it's worth, John, I can promise you that the show only gets better and more interesting in weeks 2-8. We're convinced we're sitting on some of the best TV in history. But the people will judge! =)

Muggum

Joe Schmoe is a can't miss show. Anybody can laugh at Matt and the parodies are a bonus for reality fanatics.

Matt was perfectly cast. The fact that the actors and events aren't the most believable makes it funnier that he falls for it. It's even better when he gets that confused look or when he thinks everyone else thinks he's being cool.

This show is like a great epic April Fools joke. I've never laughed more during any other reality show.

Btw... America's Next Top Model was awesome! They made the best choice in the end. Definitely looking forward to the new season.

I missed the pilot. But it looks like they are re-running it tomorrow (Sunday), but I have conflicting information since my cable provider and the TV Guide -- the are getting bad lately -- show two different times for the show.

Anyway folks, looks like the Pilot Episode at 2:00 hours will either be aired at 7-9 pm, or 8-10 pm CST, and again at Midnight - 2 am or whenever.

I can't wait to see this show after reading these posts.

I've got from 7 - 9 pm and 10 - midnite mountain time.
    Muggem do you have any more info so we can get everybody in America to watch the repeat!!!
    Headlines
    Iran says it shot down unmanned US spy plane.
    Lemonade recalled due to possibleglass fragments in Canada.
    Lindsay Lohan to join Celebrity Big Brother.

Anybody else need a dandelion break???

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I'm looking forward to seeing the show tonight as I missed most of it last week.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

I loved this show so much I had to register to add my opinion. I've seen almost every minute of every Survivor, BB, Mole, etc... and have never seen an episode as funny as this one. I was hooked as soon as Matt started chastising himself for not winning the "reward challenge" underwear game. He yells at himself "Come on dude get your head in the game!" IMO absolutely priceless.

I also find Matt very likeable. I've heard that the cast grow to like him so much and he takes the game so seriously (crying after evictions, etc...) later on that they really consider stopping the whole thing. Also taking away any doubts about Matt being "in" on the gag. I think they casted him perfectly and also think he would do fine on BB or Survivor.

This show was created for us the reality junky. Please get past the cheesyness, it's obviously intentional. I wait anxiously for Matt's next perplexed look.

Closed Thread