+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Birth Control Pills HeHe

These days, that's a big assumption!

And like my profound hubby always says, "When you assume, you make an a$$ out of "u" and me.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

FORT Fanatic
    I don't think there's any less spontanaity in taking ten seconds to put on a condom.

JR.
    I didn't mean just by looking at a person, I would never rely on guessing with something that important. What I should've said was "assuming that they both have been tested, and got clean results"

Originally posted by Jill
    I don't think there's any less spontanaity in taking ten seconds to put on a condom.

There is something incredibly sexy about a person taking the time and care to make sure you are safe always. How very thoughtful!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

That'll leave a mark!!!! 67cruiser's Avatar
    Anyone with half a brain knows that condoms are not that effective for stopping STD's. The best form is abstainance.

Pills surely aren't going to stop STD's either, but most people are more worried about the big PG than STD's anyway.

And Broken Princess, It does feel better without - for both
    You're just jealous because I'm the one hearing all of the voices . . .

FORT Fanatic
    True, JR and Feifer. However (prepare for preachiness), one can't even rely on testing as some STI's can lie dormant for very long periods. STI's like herpes are not typically tested for since the test is very expensive. Usually it is diagnosed only after the person recognizes a breakout. Sometimes the carrier has breakouts so mild they don't notice. Also, if the person taking the test has not been celibate for at least six months, the test may not be accurate.

Condoms = good.

You all know all that though. Sorry.....

Count on such a socially relevant show to bring about a frank discussion regarding STI's and condoms. (just kidding about that socially relevant thing.)

Originally posted by 67cruiser
    Anyone with half a brain knows that condoms are not that effective for stopping STD's. The best form is abstainance.

Pills surely aren't going to stop STD's either, but most people are more worried about the big PG than STD's anyway.

And Broken Princess, It does feel better without - for both
    i'm sorry, but my half of the brain only knows that while condoms are not 100% effective at stopping STD's, they are the best protection that we have, aside from abstinence.

i suppose more people are more worried about the big PG than STD's, and perhaps that's why so many people have HIV/AIDS/herpes/chalmydia/gonorhea/...etc...

me? i'd rather have a baby than be sick the rest of my life and/or die.

sure, it feels better. but, you know...it feels pretty damn good to be healthy and alive, as well.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

FORT Fanatic
    Originally posted by 67cruiser
    Anyone with half a brain knows that condoms are not that effective for stopping STD's.
    Ah. You must work for George W. Bush's AIDS prevention committee.

Condoms are remarkably effective at preventing the transmission of STDs, but are not 100% foolproof.

Also, it doesn't "feel better" to be having sex while wondering all the while if I am getting an STI.

I knew I should have deleted this thread right from the get-go. This is not the place to be discussing whether condoms are better than pills, or STD's.

That'll leave a mark!!!! 67cruiser's Avatar
    I guess it just goes to show that you better watch what you say on TV, or the whole world will be giving you the stank-eye!
    You're just jealous because I'm the one hearing all of the voices . . .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast