+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Joe Millionaire' Pair Not So Dreamy in Interview

'Joe Millionaire' Pair Not So Dreamy in Interview

'Joe Millionaire' Pair Not So Dreamy in Interview

Thu Feb 20, 7:11 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Less than a week after 35 million people watched "Joe Millionaire" Evan Marriott pick Zora Andrich over 19 other women, both say they could have fallen for others -- in her case, a horse.

Marriott, the shaggy 28-year-old construction worker who pretended to be heir to a $50 million fortune for the Fox reality show, lavished praise on runner-up Sarah Kozer in a People magazine interview.

And Andrich, portrayed on the show as a struggling teacher with a heart of gold, told People that during her stay at a rented French chateau she fell in love -- with a horse.

"Sarah and I got along like gangbusters ... a lot better than a lot of ex-girlfriends I've had," Marriott said in the interview, which was conducted the day after the show's finale and appears in the March 3 issue of People.

Marriott suggests that in the end he rejected Kozer because he couldn't be sure that she was interested in his hunky good looks and winning personality and not the phony $50 million.

"The premise of the show was to find a girl that I thought was into me for me," he told People. "Sarah and I were more intimate but that didn't mean Sarah wasn't a gold digger."

Marriott said he knew "without a shadow of a doubt" that Andrich was not after his phony money, adding that she was "sweet and nice" and "the perfect girl for the show."

In the final episode of the hit show, Marriott and Andrich were presented with $1 million dollars. Marriott gave her a ring and she pledged to continue her "journey" at his side.

But in the People interview Marriott sounded less than lovestruck as he described his 29-year-old TV sweetheart's reaction to their newfound fortune.

"She didn't believe it," he said. "She didn't believe it the day after. I almost got mad and just said: 'Look, you've just been offered half a million dollars. Why don't you snap out of it and realize what's going on?"

Andrich, meanwhile, wondered aloud during the People interview whether two people could really find true love in just a month's time -- then answered her own question.

"I am a true believer in possibility," she said. "I never rule out anything. But honestly I think it would be highly unlikely. The chances of it are pretty slim."

And she sounds dreamy only when describing the French chateau, where Fox filmed the show amid verdant fields and a stable of horses.

"Oh, I loved those horses," she said. "Being with the horse, the one whose name meant 'Sweetie' in French, I was in heaven," she said. "That's who has my heart. The horse."
    Last edited by fluff; 02-21-2003 at 09:49 AM.

:rolleyes

Somehow I don't see these two as a couple.

I dislike him

I like her, but she doesn't seem to be that interested in him (which is part of the reason I like her)

I see this relationship going nowhere fast.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Marriott said he knew "without a shadow of a doubt" that Andrich was not after his phony money, adding that she was "sweet and nice" and "the perfect girl for the show."
    Hmmm, perfect girl for the show, not the perfect girl for him by the sounds of it.

I really can't see these two staying as a couple.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fanatic
    I at least have to commend Fox for not even implying that Evan and the winner were going to get married, a la Bachelor/ette. Even Fox is not that delusional

Zora is right to have a pragmatic attitude; a month is not enough time to find "true love." This interview makes a lot more sense than all the crap about Alex/whoever, Aaron/Helene and Trista/Ryan - at one point all these couples were supposed to be together forever.

Ironically, I think JM is a much more realistic show!

JR.
    Originally posted by Jill
    Even Fox is not that delusional

Ironically, I think JM is a much more realistic show!
    Man, what's this world coming to?

FORT Fanatic
    exactly my point, JR!

FORT Regular
    Will they stay together? Will they not?

"WHO GIVES A FLYING RATS A**? "

If you were to peer into the nimble brain of a
    Reality TV producer, this is what you'd hear.

These shows have two objectives:

1. Make money
    2. Make money

Relationships in real life without 90 million dolts peering in have a hard enough time succeeding, who with half a sensibility
    thinks any of these dumbass shows will yield
    a substantial relationship? You know what they should have. Reality DIVORCE shows.

I should've stayed in bed brenda's Avatar
    So Zora is in love with a horse...

Guess Evan isn't quite the stud he thinks he is.

Titles are so impersonal Rainenut's Avatar
    Well I personally am glad if they arent together. Zora deserves a good man with a brain! But I am so glad that Evan picked her meerly for the fact that she was able to get some money and Sara is a slimy slut and doesnt deserve it. At least the horse was good company to Zora, and much smarter no doubt! JMO

eny
    FORT Fogey
    He made a really snotty remark on access Hollywood tonight.
    He says she made Hollywood history by being the first woman to take half HIS income without even being married to him.
    What a brain-dead idiot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast