+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Joe Millionaire Finale Discussion **Spoilers**

This is what the surprise ending should have been:

"And for Melissa,we've arranged for you to stay in Ethiopia for 5 years & help heal the children...... and if you should decide to rent out your services as a mercenary, we don't want to know about it."
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

I wouldn't be surprised if he had an inkling.
    I would have wanted some sort of payment for agreeing to be on the show.
    Welcome to the site btw Joeblow
    "That's Numberwang!"

Titles are so impersonal Rainenut's Avatar

Re: I think Evan new . . .

Originally posted by Joeblow
    I think he knew he was getting a million bucks. That was pretty bad acting, what do you think?
    Dave "the new joe millionaire"
    I was thinking the exact same thing when it happened. I just think he didnt know he was going to have to share it with Zora!

I thought they might slip 'em a million each.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Hmmm, I would like to think they still are, but it wouldn't surprise me if they weren't.
    I'm sure Fox will bring us every lurid detail of their split up if/when it happens.
    "That's Numberwang!"

JR.
    I thought it was funny to see most of the castoffs trying to play it off with the "I didn't like him anyway" and "I knew something was up" type comments. Suck it up and admit it ladies, you've been had.

Someone should take away the man-card from Heidi's BF, what a tool. She didn't come back for you, she came back because she didn't get picked. Dumbass.

I guess Evan has a few working brain cells as he was able to see through Sarah, her frozen look was priceless.

I think if they ever had a chance at "coupledom" it was probably blown (so to speak) when Zhora saw Evan's dates with the other girls, particularly Sara.

Who knows though...a happy ending is always a good thing.

Finally, I get through. (couldn't get in this morning and last night)

Interesting as I'm reading your responses, there seems to be 2 camps, those who thought the ending was blah and the other side of the fence ...the fairy tale ending.

Well, I thought after watching this train wreck of a premise reality show that I ended up watching Fox's version of Cinderella. Zhora prevails with the two evil step sisters kackling away and dishing the Prince who's really the Pauper who turned into a Profiteer.

Whatever, I liked the happy ending and even shamelessly admit that I may have shed a tear or two. But still, a skeptical me says that who knows what went behind the scenes that madeZhora show up. Her speech sounded so prepared and maybe someone (cough *producers* cough) convinced her to say yes? I just didn't see the love between those two, or at least, FOX sure edited their coupling and made it look so awkward.

Fox really laid out all the trappings of a finale, clever editing, bitch-ass trashing, you gotta love the estrogen that was filling up the screen LMAO.
    You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty.

am I still a FORT newbie? ophelia's Avatar

am i the only one?

I got the feeling in last night's finale, that both Evan and Zora were not exactly ecstatic about the results.

When Paul announced the "big twist" (yawn) million dollar prize, niether of our unlikely couple seemed particularly happy about it. Surprised, maybe, but happy? Didn't look like it to me....

And what about when Evan told Zora she was the one he'd chosen? He barely got more than a "Really?" from Zora. There were no hugs and kisses, just more of the stiff standoffishness they seem to get into with each other.

I have a sense that Evan telling Zora all along to "trust me" had more to do with his expectation of some sort of pay-off at the end, and his feeling that Zora was more worthy of getting something out of this whole effort, than Sarah or any of the others. I do not think that Evan was as attracted to Zora as the finale led us to believe, nor do I think that Zora was especially attracted to Evan.

All in all, I got the impression that they were both happy enough to be walking away with 500K, but they didn't seem all that happy about each other. The whole final scenario was just flat flat flat. Even the stupid dancing at the end.

I expect the 'relationship' between them to go nowhere, just as this whole show did. I believe that Evan made up his mind quite early to keep Zora in to the end, due to her not playing the game the way the others were playing him. Zora was just herself, not really even 'trying', and I think that's what motivated his choice.

just my humble opinion.
    I can't help it if I'm lucky--Bob Dylan

FORT Fan

Scripted Fairy Tale Ending

Talk about your scripted Fairy Tale ending.

Fox gave you everything that you wanted and pulled the wool over your eyes one last time.

The whole Ballroom ending sequence was faked. It was probably taped last week, to give this show the whole Fairy Tale ending that Fox knew would get people to tune in.

The hints:
    1.) There is no mention of the "shocking twist" until last week's episode. You'd think that if there was a "twist" the whole time, they would market it each week. "Tune in or else you might miss the shocking twist"

2.) If you've taped the final show, re-watch it. Notice that when Evan is dressing for the ball and Zora's decision, he is putting on a white dress shirt and a black tie. Then cut to the ball, he's wearing a blue shirt and a gray tie. My guess is that the scenes of him dressing were from the chateau and the waiting scenes and the final ball scene was taped on a Hollywood backlot.

3.) The tale of two Zoras. At the chateau before the climactic scene, you see that Zora's bags are all packed and ready to go and then in the next scene she's in a full dress and caked with makeup. Not to mention that she did look a little heavier in the final ballroom scene.

4.) Putting the cart before the horse. Fox shot itself in the foot last night when it aired the Zora background piece before the decision. It was obviously taped after she returned from France (she had the jewelry in a tin box in her freezer, I didn't see a ring in the box) and before she got the money. She talked about how she's considering selling the jewelry to help out her poor Aunt in Romania.

5.) Next Line? You could tell the whole Zora speech was scripted. First, it conveyed the tone that she was dumping him and then there was a miraculous save and she accepts him? I don't buy it. It sounded scripted. Even Evan's reaction shots seemed scripted. Not to mention that it was a complete 180 turn from her earlier remarks from the beginning of the series.

My guess is that in actuality, Zora turned him down or even left the castle. Which at the time, seemed like a suitable ending for Fox. Love couldn't survive a little $50 million lie (emphasis on the lie part for Zora). But after, the initial shows aired and the audience response was so huge, Fox realized that they needed a "happy ending." An ending with a twist...and so, they gathered up Evan and Zora and gave them a choice. They could leave the show as is, or they could each get $500,000 if they agree to reshoot the ending. Evan probably jumped on it right away, while Zora needed some convincing. And, ultimately, she realized that she could put the money to good use.

Question everything...re-watch the finale, there's probably other mistakes I didn't catch...

+ Reply to Thread