+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Joe Millionaire Finale Discussion **Spoilers**

Geneavieve
    We really need to clear this thing up about Evan and Sara in the woods....
    When Melissa was helping Sara pack, she was whispering to Melissa about the event in the woods. She made some comments regarding that she was pissed, etc and then she was worried about what she did in the woods, and she bent over and kind of mouthed the expression of what one would do if they were engaged in you know what. Ummm.....I do not think it gets any clearer than that.

Originally posted by paulstan
    Hi,

Have you realized that Sarah is PISSED, but NOT heartbroken. If she is really after him for what he is, then her reaction should not be "competitive."

What do you think?
    I think you hit the nail on the head. I think Sarah felt bad about losing out to another woman, not bad about not getting to "keep" Evan, so to speak.

FORT Regular
    Yeah I liked the ending, and the whole show.

Sarah clearly admitted to the BJ. she even simulated it on a sock or whatever she was holding in her hand. she said kissing "it " i think and the way she acted it was obvious. pretty funny though.

The episode got me teary-eyed, too. When Sarah said that Zora was naive and took things at face value, that only made me like Zora even more. I know that Zora is smart and not naive. I think trusting people get stereotyped as being naive for thinking highly and well of other people, while others fear getting burned and therefore don't trust others' intentions. I felt I could relate to her. I get termed naive by my friends, because I think well of other people usually. Allison and Zora were more similar in some ways (this is just speculation) than were Sarah and Zora. They both came from modest backgrounds and had had a difficult past, but the result was that Allison feared being hurt by people, developed a tough-girl exterior, while Zora was just protective. Both Allison and Zora seem to be compassionate and sensitive women. Anyway, I thought the episode was sweet, though I didn't feel that the end was at all shocking. The FORT members, compared with FOX, were many times more creative.

I loved the ending. I've watched the entire show with mixed feelings, and I must admit I hung in there till the end to see how the girl would take it when he told her the truth..

However, after awhile, I started to like Zora, I thought she seemed like a real nice girl & very UNlike the rest of the girls that were gathered there, and I did think she and Evan would have a lot in common...

When I saw the bio tonight on Evan, how he was picked on in school etc... I took a virtual leap back in time, to his past. I could clearly imagine & envision that most of the girls that were on the show, vying for his affection, his attentin & his money, would have been the ones picking on poor little nerdy Evan when he was in school. I can also envision Zora being on the other end & being his friend in school ....

So anyways, I didn't expect that the ending of this show to make me cry ... lol ... but it did, I did also get very misty eyes in the end, so ... I'm left with a good feeling on the show overall, & I've got a better feeling about these two than I've had on any of the bachelor contestants. I think they may actually work out

Evan turned out to be an all right guy :-)
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

FORT Regular
    I just wonder if it is realistic they would stay together- Joe is a celebrity now and has to be hanging out with actresses and models and such. he has had a couple dates with zora and the temptation would be hard for most to resist. It would be nice to see them get married and all but highly unrealistic in my opinion.

Fox should have gave them 500K and then the other 500K if they got married on live tv- imagine the ratings for that

Pacific Time Zone--Finale At Last!!!

Hey folks. I'm the youngest kid in my family, and perpetually the little sister, so I always feel like I get everything last! I'm also in the Pacific time zone--and was jonesing to see what was up on the boards but did not want to risk spoiling the finale of JM...

Well, I finally watched it and what can I say? The Cynic in me is rolling her eyes, thinking everything seemed just a little too perfect, and therefore fake, that it was over-hyped, that the twist was anti-climactic, and was also sorely disappointed to not see Sarah pop a vein in anger (I was hoping she'd go ballistic, but I guess like most sociopaths she's eerily good at hiding emotions)... :rolleyes

But the Romantic in me, doesn't give a rat's behind what the Cynic thinks. And I must unabashedly admit that I really loved the ending to JM in spite of the mush 'n' cheese factor. And, I must confess b/c if I can't admit here, I can't admit it anywhere--the ending did actually bring tears to my eyes.

I've been a Zora fan from the very first episode. I totally admired her sweet & humble nature, was impressed that she refused to participate in the pettiness & catty competition (I'll never forget that dress sequence!), and just enjoyed her as a relief to all the other superficial women. I didn't even know how long she'd last!

I really never thought much of of Evan--I really thought this big log of testosterone would pick Miss Slurpie in the end--but his choosing Zora actually boosts my opinion of him. Turns out there is a brain there after all.

As for the twist--I really enjoyed that as well. I thought it was perfect ending, and it wasn't lost on me that the money was given to the two most humble people (and most needy, if we believe the way they were portrayed). I do agree with the people who were disappointed though, FOX hyped all the joy & surprise out of the "twist". But ultimately, it brings me great pleasure to see that check presented to Zora and not any of the other gold-digging, low-class women on the show.

VIVA ZORA!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I could clearly imagine & envision that most of the girls that were on the show, vying for his affection, his attentin & his money, would have been the ones picking on poor little nerdy Evan when he was in school. I can also envision Zora being on the other end & being his friend in school ....
    That's a good observation, Wynd. I completely agree with everything you've said and am also left with a good feeling. I think Evan did stumble a bit and make mistakes (the hot tub scene), but I do think he is a genuinely good person. His parents were charming and sincere people. Their presence in the episode reflected well on him. And he seemed to really love them a lot. That's often a good sign in a potential mate (that they get along with their parents).

lol_its_fun
    you can say that again!

I thought it was perfect ending, and it wasn't lost on me that the money was given to the two most humble people (and most needy, if we believe the way they were portrayed).
    I was happy with that aspect of the show, too. I think the Cinderella motif really made the show. It is so satisfying to see the money given to someone non-materialistic, someone who could really use a better heating system in her apartment and money to help her relatives. *sigh* I was moved.

And I also live on the West Coast, SnowflakeGirl, and can relate to that curiosity!! It took a lot of self-control to not log on before and during the finale.

+ Reply to Thread