+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WIll Joe Millionaire Final episode pull 40 million??

FORT Regular

WIll Joe Millionaire Final episode pull 40 million??

The ratings have been as high as 26 million I think on monday and you figure a couple million more watching it thursdays too. It seems to have the hype building and even people at work that didn't care the last few weeks have been asking about the twist ending and plannning to watch. So what do you think it could pull?? what is the highest rated reality episode ever?? I assume survivor 1 finale but does anyone know what exactly it drew?

The best Joe Millionaire's gotten viewer-wise is just over 18 million. You're thinking of AI2's debut of 26 million.

And in the 18-49 demographic, AI2 premiere is currently the highest-rated reality episode ever. As for overall viewers, I'm not sure. It would have to be one of the Survivor finales.

FORT Regular
    ""Still, an average 24 million viewers watched the hour, and by 9:45 p.m. ET/PT, 26.5 million were tuned in, only to be told of a ''big, surprising, remarkable twist'' to be revealed next week, along with the winner and the ''truth'' about Joe.""

from the usa Today http://www.usatoday.com/usatonline/2...2/4858875s.htm

but I seem to remember 18 million in the ratings last week too- so where is Usa today pulling this number from??

Did a little research, and the finale of S2 pulled in 36.4 million viewers, making it the highest-rated reality episode to date.

I'm not sure where USA today got those numbers...Here's the official report:

Variety reports that Fox's limited-run reality series "Joe Millionaire" has cashed in with jaw-dropping Nielsens, including some of the network's best Monday ratings in eight years.

"Millionaire," Fox's twisted take on ABC's hit "The Bachelor," averaged a huge 10.1 rating/22 share in adults 18-49 and a 12.3/29 in adults 18-34, making it the highest-rated premiere of the season on any network -- scripted or unscripted -- in these coveted demographics. Throw in its 18.61 million viewers overall, and this is Fox's best series showing in the slot since "Melrose Place" in January 1995.

The opening-night 18-49 rating for "Millionaire" tops all but one episode of both of Fox's other standout reality performers of the past two years -- "Temptation Island" and "American Idol." It also is higher than every episode of CBS' "Survivor: Thailand" earlier this season, and better than all but the finale of ABC's most recent edition of "The Bachelor." Despite the stellar ratings, Fox executives continue to say that they doubt there'll be a "Joe Millionaire 2," since potential participants might be suspicious they're being conned (although why do we feel they'll find a way?)
    Now, it DID have a 29-share in the 18-34 category, but still only 12.3 million viewers in that group. I think USA Today might be confusing "share" for "viewers".

FORT Regular
    I was researching a bit too and they had survivor 1 final with 51 million and survivor 2 first episode which aired after the super bowl pulled 42 million. You should track the top 10-20 highest rated ever in a chart somewhere. just an idea- although good luck finding accurate data it seems!!

I have a feeling the second hour will pull in more viewers than the first.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I have a feeling the second hour will pull in more viewers than the first.
    I agree - I think the ratings will make a big jump up after the first hour and then keep climbing until the end. The viewers are aware of Fox's sneaky tricks now and know that nothing will happen until all the possible commercial spots have been shown!
    Why doesn't it make sense? Because we're on the wrong side of the tapestry...

They were talking about Joe Millionare on ESPN today. This show has to pull some outrageous ratings if other networks are even talking about it (especially a sports network!).

And I agree with the others above, the second hour will draw more viewers. Most people will wait until the end to find out who was picked and what the "twist" really is.

FORT Regular
    fox news reports second hour of joe pulled 40 million!!! I thhought that was abot where it would finish.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast