+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What a waste of an hour!

Titles are so impersonal Rainenut's Avatar
    LOL Jill. I wish I would have taped the show. You are a smart girl!

A clips show?? A BLOODY CLIPS SHOW?!

My co-worker and I like to gossip about JM like two junior high school girls.

Anyway, she IM'ed me right before she left, something like, "Hey!! Isn't the finale to JM tonight??"

I messaged her back, "Yes, but I bet it won't be the finale."

"Why? Do you know something about it?"

"Nope. It's supposed to be the finale, but call it a gut feeling, they're probably going to show two 'dates' and lead up to a cliffhanger ending. Then next week, they'll have a two hour special with clips until we reach the conclusion. Remember, this is Fox we're talking about."

My theory is this: Fox producers saw my message and said, "Say...that boy might have something there. We don't go live with Joe for another two hours on the East Coast. Think you can do something with that, Davy??"

Davy, the retarded Fox intern: "Sure, boss!"

Just kidding. But I did make the prediction, even if I WAS a little off.

I can't believe we got a clip show. Do you know how much I hate clips shows? I hate clips shows on shows that I LOVE. My feeling is if you can't come up with original material, then run a freakin' rerun instead of a series of clips from past episodes sprinkled with a tiny amount of boring new material.

It just makes it worse to me when they run a promo like "On an ALL NEW episode of...XYZ show" and proceed to do a promo to make it seem like anything but a clip show.

OFF TOPIC, but once the Simpsons did a clip show and threw in a bunch of funny lines about the fact that they really did have new things coming up... it was very funny.... slamming their own clip show
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Hi, Cali. I was also thinking of "The Simpsons" when I brought up clip shows that are promoted like first-run episodes. Yes, the only saving grace of that episode of The Simpsons was the tongue-in-cheek humor they aimed at themselves over doing a clip show.

FORT Fanatic
    I'm with everyone on the boring episode!!

I wish I would have watched "The Practice" instead. I didn't stay up to watch the Fox News about him either... decided it was just time for bed... didn't want to waste anymore time on JM.

FORT Fanatic
    Unfortunately I don't think Fox risked losing viewers, as we are all hooked but good now. They can't fool me twice though, I'm going to tape instead of watch next week in case I need to do more fast forwarding!

This whole show could have been done in three episodes - the first two shows in their entirety, then a 2 hour finale. Stupid Fox.

I agree, it was an absolute waste and just in case you didn't get enough of Monday's epi, they'll have an encore showing this Thursday. Wake me up when this is over puhleez.
    You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty.

I saw that, Mokka, and I couldn't believe it! Who would intentionally subject themselves to an hour of that trash?!? Advertising for an encore of such crap is stupefyingly ballsy.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Webster's Dictionary:

Fox (f ah ks): 1. n. small dog like carnivor, usually red in color. 2. n. trashy network programed by shaved gorillas. 3. adj. stupefyingly ballsy.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Paulie and spegs!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast