+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the "mercenary" speaks

the "mercenary" speaks

TVGO: The day after you put serious moves on Evan whispering sweet nothings into his lap, etc. he dismissed you. Was that rough?
    Melissa: The flirting was awkward. I thought it was really apparent that it was just awkward and not flowing at all. I laughed at that episode because it's funny watching yourself trying to be sexy. I'm just a goofball. When I was bounced or dismissed or whatever you want to call it, I wasn't shocked. I was just grateful for my experience on the French Riviera.

TVGO: That's a lively hairdo you've got. Did you mind Evan calling you Princess Leia?
    Melissa: My hair is naturally curly, so sometimes it's uncontrollable. I tell ya, I've been getting teased for it since I was 5 years old, so it doesn't bother me anymore. I love my hair. It's my personality. I wasn't goin' for Princess Leia, I was goin' for Melissa, man.

TVGO: We think you meant to say "missionary" when you called yourself "mercenary" once. Freudian slip?
    Melissa: When I watched that with my girlfriends, they looked at me like, 'You idiot!' I was nervous on that date with the cameras there. I wished I could rewind time. It was just one of those moments like, 'What's coming out of my mouth?!'

TVGO: Speaking of mercenary, you drooled over those jewels. . .
    Melissa: I'm not going to lie. I was excited to get jewelry I don't have any! It was so much better than getting a rose. After these intense elimination ceremonies, of course, you're going to be excited to get a necklace.

TVGO: But after learning Evan was a fake millionaire, did you worry the gems were fake, too? Been to an appraiser yet, honey?
    Melissa: Wouldn't that be great if they were fake? It would be a hilarious spin on the show if we got them appraised and they weren't real. No, I haven't gone and done that yet. They're souvenirs; it's not like I would pawn them off for money. [For the record, Fox confirms Evan's jewels are real.]

TVGO: When and how did you learn Evan's not really rich?
    Melissa: You know, there might be more to come, so I can't really reveal too much on that. I did get dismissed, but you'll have to keep watching the program. There might be more to come. I'm just covering my toes!

TVGO: Okay, well, were you surprised by the blue-collar truth?
    Melissa: As far as the $50 million secret, it wasn't that big of a shock. People had gut instincts. It wasn't so much that we suspected he didn't have $50 million, but we were all kind of wondering if he was an actor, or if he was real or if the producers had to hire someone because they couldn't find anybody to be the bachelor. So when there was a secret, I wasn't that surprised.

TVGO: He wasn't too convincing as a refined millionaire, was he?
    Melissa: He did funny things we'd laugh about. The funniest was the hot tub scene where Evan was eating a barbecued sandwich it was goose or duck and he had barbecue sauce on his face, and he was chowing down! Oh my God. They make it look like it was supposed to be a sexy, romantic scene, but it was hilarious.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

TVGO: When and how did you learn Evan's not really rich?
    Melissa: You know, there might be more to come, so I can't really reveal too much on that. I did get dismissed, but you'll have to keep watching the program. There might be more to come. I'm just covering my toes!
    Hmmm, perhaps they'll be having a reunion on this show too.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Titles are so impersonal Rainenut's Avatar
    thank you broken_pryncess for the post. was very entertaining to read!

FORT Fanatic
    gosh, I hate to say that I might have a little bit of pseudo-respect for Melissa now. At least she didn't backtrack and say "oh, I didn't like him at all....yeah that's it..." seems like she was pretty up front in this interview.

yeah, she seems pretty honest about stuff in this interview. i was really surprised. and, at least she realizes how silly she came across on the show. i'm wondering what else is coming, though... it does sound like some sort of reunion.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Too much time on my hands mommylee3's Avatar

reunion

Maybe Evan reveals to the dumped girls after he tells his pick. I would hope that who ever he professes to have real feelings for found out first.

FORT Fanatic
    maybe Heidi will be back...

oh! i could really do without heidi.

FORT Fanatic
    b_p, that's really funny, taking into account your sig line....

Incorrigible by Nature
    I must admit that Melissa showed some class with this interview. And, she looks gorgeous in the accompanying picture.

The way that everyone is smirking and avoiding the issue, I think there is some sort of twist coming at the end of this show. Maybe they bring some of the other women back and Evan gives them another chance? There are rumors of a reunion show, also.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast