+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fitting William Randolph Hearst story

That'll leave a mark!!!! 67cruiser's Avatar

Fitting William Randolph Hearst story

The late great newspaper mogul William Randolph Hearst was notorious for dating young socialites. He, of course, was very attractive to the ladies because of his accumulated wealth.
    He was at a party with one of these socialites when the topic turned to sex.
    "Would you sleep with me for $100,000.00?", he queried. She replied, "I'd think about it."
    "Would you sleep with me for $100.00?", he responded. She shot back, "Of course not! What kind of woman do you think I am?!"
    His response was, "We have already established what kind of woman you are, now we are just haggling over the price . . ."

Almost every woman on this show has referenced the money as a motivating factor.
    Perhaps Zora (my favorite) has been the only one to NOT mention the money as a motivating factor. She may feel it on the inside, but is smart enough to keep her mouth shut.
    You're just jealous because I'm the one hearing all of the voices . . .

I have to wonder whether she even feels it on the inside.

She doesn't seem comfortable around money and in oppulent surroundings.
    "That's Numberwang!"

One thing that did strike me last night was how Zora said she had never flown first class before.

Did they fly them all out to France economy?
    "That's Numberwang!"

Too much time on my hands mommylee3's Avatar
    I really like zora too- but you know she could be always talking about the money(not that I think she is) and they are just editing it out because they want us to believe she isn't a gold digger. I love the fact that Sarah thought they had some things in common and that is why Evan kept them both. Zora turns around and says he couldn't have picked 2 more different women. Sarah seems to be hiding the cigs pretty well. Thought she would blow it on the overnighter.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Sara is hiding a whole lot more than cigarettes Evan doesn't know about.To be fair she doesn't know about the stripper clothes or "Duke Suede"

She does have a price though, her film career shows that.

FORT Regular
    Cruiser, that famous story has been attributed to COUNTLESS other besides Hearst. Actually, your posting was the first time I heard it atttributed to him.

Some of the more popular believed sources of that interchange are George Bernard Shaw and Oscar Wilde.

Personally, I believe the source of the quote to be George Bernard Shaw. It seems consistent with his style of writing and wit. Further, a brief goggle of the quote turns up more attributions to Shaw than any other.

I do find it interesting how often this quote gets attributed to different people as its progenitor.
    -Aristotle

Threshold RPG - Where Role playing isn't a feature, it's a requirement!

http://www.threshold-rpg.com

That'll leave a mark!!!! 67cruiser's Avatar
    I heard the story from Charlie Rose on PBS around the time that Demi Moore did that movie about exchanging sex for 1 million dollars.

Perhaps the girls who gave it up to Evan will suffer similar feelings of valuelessness.

If Zora did not, then she's all the better.
    You're just jealous because I'm the one hearing all of the voices . . .

Good post, Threshold.

I'll go along with the George Bernard Shaw because, and I'm sure you're just telling us what other people have written, anyone who knows anything about Oscar Wilde would SERIOUSLY doubt the dude would proposition a WOMAN.

FORT Regular
    LOL. Good point phat

The quote is very fitting as something George Bernard Shaw would say.

It is very amusing, however, how the quote gets attributed to so many different people.
    -Aristotle

Threshold RPG - Where Role playing isn't a feature, it's a requirement!

http://www.threshold-rpg.com

+ Reply to Thread