+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Episode 5 (02/03) Discussion (includes post-show)

Originally posted by diggaplz
    i thought Melissa would go off on Zora blaming Zora for her demise cause she told Evan Melissa didn't like his "speeches"....

did that make sense?
    I don't think most guys would care.

Any men here care to comment on that?

It seems to me that one female telling another female, "Hey, female so-and-so said your speeches are boring," would be grounds for dislike and fighting, since it would be viewed as 'catty' by another woman. I just don't see a guy getting as insulted or worked up by it.

FORT Fanatic
    gromit, I will concede that I know nothing about what men think about anything.

Perhaps some of the show is scripted and some is not? If it was scripted I would think that they would make the eliminations more dramatic; rather than just "awwww, give me a hug before you leave! I had such a great time!"

I am so not going to talk about the editing possiblities. I think we need a moratorium on the word "editing" at the FORT, and I think most of you know why

I'll have to wait for Thursday to catch the first half of this ep. What comment did Zora make about the bulldozer?

Re: Zora sliding over on the seat, I saw some guy somewhere comment that if his date does not lean over and unlock his door as he walks around to the driver's side of the car, he probably won't ask her out again. Maybe guys notice little things like that?

I can't wait for next week, when we find out whose theories are true!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I think Zora said something like "can't resist looking?" when she saw his reaction to the bulldozers. He was like a four year old watching 'Mighty Machines'.

JR.
    Originally posted by gromit
    I don't think most guys would care.

Any men here care to comment on that?
    It wouldn't bother me much, certainly not a deal breaker. That would end up pretty far down on the negative list.

FORT Regular
    Originally posted by Jill

I am so not going to talk about the editing possiblities. I think we need a moratorium on the word "editing" at the FORT, and I think most of you know why
    Why? In my opinion, FOX's eggregious editing is a very important topic for discussion. Whenever someone learns of an example of FOX's reality twisting editing, I would really like to read about it.

Originally posted by Jill

Re: Zora sliding over on the seat, I saw some guy somewhere comment that if his date does not lean over and unlock his door as he walks around to the driver's side of the car, he probably won't ask her out again. Maybe guys notice little things like that?
    I ALWAYS checked for this when I was dating. Perhaps that is why my wife and I both noticed it while watching the show.
    -Aristotle

Threshold RPG - Where Role playing isn't a feature, it's a requirement!

http://www.threshold-rpg.com

Evan's comment about "where did you buy your breasts, uh, I mean dress,"
    Oddly enough, that endeared him to me. Zora took it really well and you could tell that Evan was embarrassed. I think he really respects her.
    As much as Evan is a doofus, I think he has a good heart. Fortunately, I think Zora sees that. I just hope he doesn't pick Sarah.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Fanatic
    TRPG - why? you'll find out......

I agree Miss F. I think Evan is generally a nice guy.

The car door thing? guys are weird. Who cares if she unlocks the door for you? Especially if the vehicle is a big truck or something like that in which unlocking the opposite door would require some sort of contortions for someone sitting in the passenger seat. If a guy is so nice as to open the passenger door for me, I really wouldn't think he'd be so petty as to care whether or not he has to unlock his own door. Is that some strange test that guys do? What is it supposed to mean?

Hmm..from what I saw, she didn't seem to notice that he was going around to the other side. She seemed to be preoccupied and scooted over to let him get in after her.
    anyway...that's what I thought...

p.s.....JILL....you wouldn't happen to have a husband named Matt, would you??

(just wondering)

I thought she was being considerate... moving over so he wouldn't have to go to the other side.

She's a hell of a lot nicer to him than Sarah is. She is SOOO condescending and I hate how she talks about him like he's a fixer-upper house or something.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread