+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Episode 5 (02/03) Discussion (includes post-show)

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Sarah was saying 'as in necklace' instead of 'as in RING' . I can't wait to see what Sarah will do for one of those.

Yes spegs I hope it's Walmart quality too.

Ok, my favorite parts of the show last night:

~When Zora and Evan were getting in the vehicle and she slid across to the other side of the seat at the same time that Evan was running around the back, then he sees what she did and had to run around the back of the car again. Just a silly little, fun thing to leave in, I thought.

~When Zora was telling Evan about her dream, and he got freaked out, thinking she is psychic.

~Melissa getting mad at Zora for telling Evan that Melissa didn't like his speeches.

~When Melissa pretended to yank Zora's diamond necklace off. True colors!

And my #1 favorite thing:

~The awesome locations! I didn't know that the south of France was so beautiful. I wannna go!!
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

Titles are so impersonal Rainenut's Avatar
    Originally posted by octobergirl

I didnt catch that part! But the look on Melissas face when her name wasnt called was absolutely priceless!

lol_its_fun
    Originally posted by Rainenut
    I didnt catch that part! But the look on Melissas face when her name wasnt called was absolutely priceless!

FORT Regular
    Originally posted by octobergirl
    Ok, my favorite parts of the show last night:

~When Zora and Evan were getting in the vehicle and she slid across to the other side of the seat at the same time that Evan was running around the back, then he sees what she did and had to run around the back of the car again. Just a silly little, fun thing to leave in, I thought.
    I paused the show right there to discuss that with my wife. We both agreed that was an excellent example of how Zora is a very considerate, non-prissy person.

I noticed that when Evan got back around he said "cool", and I hope he said that because he noticed the same thing.

Sadly, I have very little faith in Evan's ability to pick up on subtleties. He's more receptive to a set of melons in his face. Of course, who isn't, but its terribly limiting when that is all you notice.

~Melissa getting mad at Zora for telling Evan that Melissa didn't like his speeches.
    Hahahaha No kidding. I bet she just HATES knowing that one element of her crappy fakeness was exposed.

I would LOVE to hear what her defense is now that so many of her two-faced actions have been exposed by the show.

No doubt. What a skanky, lying, 'ho Melissa M is.
    -Aristotle

Threshold RPG - Where Role playing isn't a feature, it's a requirement!

http://www.threshold-rpg.com

FORT Regular
    Originally posted by Jill
    I might get shot for saying this but I thought that the girls on this show have handled elimination rather well (except for Heidi). MUCH better than the hysterics I saw on a Bachelor episode. I didn't like Melissa but I thought she was very gracious when she was eliminated. I really expected her to go off on a bitch-rant, or at least start crying or something.
    Yeah, I have to say that the elimination ceremonies, while exciting, are still disappointing.

I expected them to be a LOT more interesting. The post-elimination interviews are even more disappointing as there is a distinct lack of ANY bitchiness.

Of course, perhaps Evan really IS as nice, considerate, and charming as the girls say he is, and as a result none of them feel "hurt" by the process and truly bear him no ill will.

That doesn't mean they can't at LEAST rip on the other girls to entertain us!

My favorite part was the end, when Sara said "I see why the two of us are left, we are more alike than I would have realized" and then it cut to Zora: "I have never seen two people who are more different." Sara only WISHES she was like Zora....
    Hahahahahaha No kidding! My wife and I laughed out loud at that.
    -Aristotle

FORT Regular
    Originally posted by spegs
    I just can't look at Sarah without thinking about hog-tied cheerleaders. I think she is so funny trying to be classy. She's about as classy as Evan is smart. Which is why she only fools Evan.
    ROFL. Nice turn of phrase
    -Aristotle

FORT Regular
    Originally posted by lurkinggirl
    I liked Evan's interaction with Ray Guiliani the producer guy. Evan seemed quite ticked at what he's doing on the show. Maybe it was completely staged, but maybe, just maybe, Evan is a slow enough guy that it took him this long to realize that he is leading the women on and that isn't the way he would want to meet someone he'd like in his life. I'm pretty cynical in general, but I really think things have just started to sink in for old Evan.
    I also thought that part of the show really demonstrated a good aspect of Evan's personality.

He really doesn't seem bright enough to be faking it. If he was that good, he would already be famous .

I honestly feel it reflects well on Evan's character that the situation tears at him to such an extent.
    -Aristotle

Zora and Evan Spot a Bulldozer on Date

Originally posted by Wolf
    Melissa's eyes looked like they were throwing knives at Zora. She wasn't too happy either (even though she hid it), that Zora told Evan she didn't like his speech during the elimination rounds. If looks could kill, Zora would've been toast.

How convenient that Zora had a dream that Evan's real name wasn't Evan Wallace. Do they expect us to buy that she's some kind of psychic or something?
    Sorry if this has been pointed out elsewhere in the thread (I haven't yet read though the whole thing yet) but...

On a similar topic, didn't you also find it convenient that when Evan and Zora were in the limo and passed by a construction site that Zora mentioned it to Evan. Then the camera guy got a good shot of a bulldozer, and Evan of course made some kind of comment about that. How many of you think that whole thing was staged?

I read somewhere that these friends of Zora e-mailed her a few times during her stay with Evan and gang in France; they claim she just told them that Evan was "sweet." Suppose, though that the friends heard somewhere that Evie was not a millionaire and asked her about it in an e mail?

Is the Whole Show Staged/Fake?

Originally posted by Eden
    More than ever now, I am convinced this show is a complete fraud. Totally scripted. I think FOX is doing this as a spoof on reality tv and on all of us, the American public. Yet, still, I watch!
    I've been thinking of the same thing lately.

Evan's comment about "where did you buy your breasts, uh, I mean dress," Melissa's, "I want to take care of poor kids because I'm a mercenary," and Zora's
    1.) comments about the bulldozer as she and Evan drove past a construction site, and 2.) her "I had a dream that you were really someone else" and 3.) her "I don't think I can trust Evan" type attitude and comments in the 'dinner with Evan in the bistro' scene are all just a tad on the something-is-fishy side.

+ Reply to Thread