+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Episode 5 (02/03) Discussion (includes post-show)

Titles are so impersonal Rainenut's Avatar
    I told my husband that I wanted Zora to be cut simply because she is too good for Evan. However when Mellissa got cut I started rolling on the floor laughing hysterically. I couldnt help it! The look on her face!!!! See with Melissa and Sara spending the night with him, there is nothing left to be desired, but Zora not acting like a slut leaves him wanting for more. How this will end? I couldnt fathom, but I cant wait!

Re: Evan is rich!!

Originally posted by StevieM

Sarah LOOKED SO PHONEY WITH THAT GOOFY SMILE!
    I KNOW! My hub & I call it the "beauty pageant smile" ~ it's so fake!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

"I don't know what garlic looks like"

Man, that Melissa really lost all her dignity when she said " I don't know what garlic looks like". Come on!!!!
    I'm glad she was booted, but I wanted to see her face when she was told that the whole milionaire idea was fake. Man, I would have loved to see that...

Sarah is fake, fake, fake... and Evan is a complete idiot. Where did they find this guy?

anyway, more later...

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar

Re: Evan is rich!!

Originally posted by StevieM
    So far as him seeming dumb at times I think that's got more to do with editing.
    I disagree StevieM. They can edit out things they don't want us to see. But they can't edit in stupid comments and behavior like we've seen from Evan. He might be acting this stupid on purpose, but why?

Titles are so impersonal Rainenut's Avatar

Re: Re: Evan is rich!!

I dont think his being stupid is an act. Can anyone really "act" this stupid? I dont know, but man! Every other word that comes out of his mouth proves his lack of intelligence. Would be funny if it was an act though wouldnt it?

FORT Fanatic
    After that weird scene on the balcony with the "producer" I started to think that it might well be scripted. That producer sounded so fake; "look at it this way Evan...." ???? And the thing with Zora and her kind of fake-y swimsuit aversion....she's a little too good to be true.

I didn't see the first half but I caught the elimination ceremony.

I might get shot for saying this but I thought that the girls on this show have handled elimination rather well (except for Heidi). MUCH better than the hysterics I saw on a Bachelor episode. I didn't like Melissa but I thought she was very gracious when she was eliminated. I really expected her to go off on a bitch-rant, or at least start crying or something.

Was it diggaplz who said the girls who slept with him would feel bad once they realized they would look bad on TV....? Sorry, not sympathetic. If you are sleeping with someone because you have an ulterior motive, you pretty much deserve what you get. Especially if you KNOW you are going to be on television.

My favorite part was the end, when Sara said "I see why the two of us are left, we are more alike than I would have realized" and then it cut to Zora: "I have never seen two people who are more different." Sara only WISHES she was like Zora....

Originally posted by Jill
    ..... I didn't like Melissa but I thought she was very gracious when she was eliminated. I really expected her to go off on a bitch-rant, or at least start crying or something.
    i thought Melissa would go off on Zora blaming Zora for her demise cause she told Evan Melissa didn't like his "speeches"....

did that make sense?

i dunno about that sleeping with Evan statement i may/may not have made, Jill. i'm a little slow today.

LG.
    that whole interchange at the end with Sarah saying that she and Zora were a lot alike and Zora saying they were so different got me wondering who was right about that. Maybe Zora and Sarah have more in common than we've seen, but it certainly hasn't played that way on the show. I think it was just thrown in there to show how clueless Sarah is about what is coming next, or else like Jill said, because Sarah would like it to be the case.

I loved the scene with Evan and the producer because the "hidden camera" aspect at night had a very Temptation Island feel about it. Boy, do I miss that show. Let's make out by the tree (completely oblivious there is a camera in it).

I didn't care for Melissa as the show progressed, but I was relieved that she had the grace to keep her emotions in check when she got dismissed. Did you notice they had a closeup where it appears they were asking for her reaction to the boot, but she just sat there and said nothing. Unlike Heidi, Melissa had the common sense to keep her mouth shut then.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I agree that the last two eliminated - MoJo and Melissa - handled the rejection quite a lot better than I would have thought they would. Maybe this really is all scripted? This whole show is supposed to be a spoof on reality shows - what if none of this is real and Fox is duping the entire TV watching audience? What if they're ALL actors and Fox made up their bios, Sarah's bondage career, Evan's supidity, etc., etc.

It's something to consider anyway. I wouldn't put it past Fox to pull the wool over the audience's eyes - not at all. But then again, I'm a cynic.

Ode to M

She tried to slut her way into
    The round where two were left.

She made her plans and spread her legs
    And now she is bereft.
    We can't all be heroes -
    somebody has to sit on the
    curb and clap as they go by.

+ Reply to Thread