+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Joe Millionaire - Episode Three Recap

Incidentally, the fact that neither Bill, John, and others cannot even let the matter die demonstrates an extreme amount of defensiveness about the matter.
    Actually, Threshold, as the admin of this site, I get a little defensive when someone brand new comes around to tell one of our great writers that, because you didn't get the joke, that he's an idiot.

Yes, that makes me a little hot under the collar. Now, that said, if you choose not to believe it, that's your perogative. I've wasted enough time trying to convince you otherwise, and it's just not worth it.

Several of Joe's former girlfriends have called Joe an idiot, and it's pretty apparent he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. So I'm not sure exactly what you're defending here. Just that we shouldn't *call* him an idiot because he instantly appears to be one?

I'm a viewer of the show...I'll call him as I see him. If he doesn't like that, he can say "no thanks, I don't want to be on TV." That was his choice, and therefore, there's nothing wrong with us making snap decisions on someone's behavior.

FORT Regular
    Originally posted by John
    Actually, Threshold, as the admin of this site, I get a little defensive when someone brand new comes around to tell one of our great writers that, because you didn't get the joke, that he's an idiot.
    For the 100000000 th time, I did not call him an idiot.

How many more times do I have to say that before you will stop saying that I called him an idiot?

Sheesh.

Btw, RE: your new avatar pic. Congrats
    -Aristotle

Threshold RPG - Where Role playing isn't a feature, it's a requirement!

http://www.threshold-rpg.com

So, John...do you think the Bucs will repeat next year?

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Lobeck - how about those Mets?

Well, they might have a shot now that they have Tom Glavine...

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Man, Ducky is really going to have to clean this thread up!

Thanks Ducky!!!

Threshold,

I have provided my explaination for you and all to see. If you choose not to believe it, I certainly don't mind either way, as I don't really feel compelled to justify my thoughts and actions to someone on the other side of a computer screen.

As to claims that I am somehow considered perfect, that was well and truly dismissed in my posting earlier. Take a look around here, you'll find many folks who have pointed out the errors of my ways in the past. I don't mind that at all.

I make mistakes many times when I post these articles, and generally I always respond and apologize when those mistakes are identified. In this case, the mistake was the implimentation of the joke, not the understanding of the word chic.

Do check out my other recaps if you wish. You will find other errors there as well, and I would be honored to have someone with your obviously superior intellect continue to comment on my work.

regards,
    Bill
    Last edited by Bill; 01-28-2003 at 05:47 PM.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

that makes perfect sense Fluff.
    And saying it gives Alex a Job
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Regular
    Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX

Do check out my other recaps if you wish. You will find other errors there as well, and I would be honored to have someone with your obviously superior intellect continue to comment on my work.
    Ugh. For the love of God, where did I even IMPLY that I had a "superior intellect."

Do you know what irony is? How about hypocrisy?

I made two points:

1) Cut people a little slack when the FOX editors are doing everything they possibly can to make them look bad.

and

2) If you want to repeatedly call someone an idiot, don't misuse a word in the process.

From those 2 points, where do you get this interpretation that I am saying you are an idiot, you suck, or that I am better than you?

I have read your #3 and #4 recaps and enjoyed them. They are good work.

So seriously. Please just read what I posted rather than creating straw men to argue against.
    -Aristotle

Threshold RPG - Where Role playing isn't a feature, it's a requirement!

http://www.threshold-rpg.com

EDIT: Removed most of response. It's not worth arguing with you.

I'll give you the last word, except that you should not assume to know my motives or reasons. Comment on the writing all you wish, but do not make assumptions regarding my honesty in explainations. Frankly, your thoughts on that issue are less than accurate, to be kind.
    Last edited by Bill; 01-29-2003 at 02:22 AM.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456