+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Joe Millionaire - Episode Three Recap

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Threshold, this discussion is so old that your post should have started out "Originally posted by John before the Great Flood:"

Why on Earth drag this sorry-a** argument back from the dead? Let's move things along, shall we?

FORT Regular
    Wayner, I didn't drag it back.

It was at the top of the page when I logged in here today.

I was shocked that it had not faded out long ago.

So please lay blame in the appropriate place.

Thanks!
    -Aristotle

Threshold RPG - Where Role playing isn't a feature, it's a requirement!

http://www.threshold-rpg.com

FORT Regular
    Originally posted by John
    Threshold...The author of the recap is an intelligent guy, and has said that it was an intentional joke to misspell the word.

Why do you find it necessary to believe different, in an attempt to point out logic that doesn't exist?

We're not that kind of place. If you want to continue to insinuate that Bill is an idiot, you can do it somewhere else.
    John, I did not say he is an idiot.

One more time: I AM NOT SAYING ANYONE IS AN IDIOT... Not Bill, not ANY other poster here, etc.

Why is it that people want to flame rather than READ?

My first post had a simple point that I have re-iterated numerous times:

When you want to make fun of someone else's intelligence, don't do something dumb in the process (like spell the word chic as "sheik").

Anyone who has read or listened to any of the interviews of people from the show knows that FOX is gleefully editing things to make people look however they want them to look, rather than how they really are.

So I was asking that posters give people a little more benefit of the doubt, because we have no idea what really happened before the editors hacked things up and cobbled them together in whatever order was more amusing to them.

The irony was that in the process of continually saying Evan is an idiot, the poster made a pretty major mistake.

Coming back later and saying it was intentional just rings hollow.

A simple "doh! yeah, that looks bad, I did something stupid there. Hahahaha" would have been far more respectable than the very bogus sounding "I MEANT TO DO THAT!".

Saying "I meant to do that" is right up there with "the sun was in my eyes" and "the check is in the mail."
    -Aristotle

I like cheese.

Well, fortunately, since Bill "meant to do that" (however hollow that rings), and in fact, I thought it was pretty humorous, I'm not sure what you're getting at.

The fact that you failed to catch the joke the first time, and now defend yourself about it, rings just as (or more) hollow to me.

FORT Regular
    Originally posted by John
    Well, fortunately, since Bill "meant to do that" (however hollow that rings), and in fact, I thought it was pretty humorous, I'm not sure what you're getting at.
    What's so funny about Bill screwing up while trying to call someone else an idiot?

The fact that you failed to catch the joke the first time, and now defend yourself about it, rings just as (or more) hollow to me.
    The only joke was on Bill in that he didn't know how to spell the word chic.

I'm not "defending" anything I did or didn't do, because I have nothing to defend.

It is all too easy to come back later and say "I meant to do that!" when absolutely nothing in the post itself looks like it was intentional.

The use of the word "sheik" doesn't even make sense in that context either.
    -Aristotle

FORT Regular
    Incidentally, the fact that neither Bill, John, and others cannot even let the matter die demonstrates an extreme amount of defensiveness about the matter.

Look, Bill screwed up. No big deal. But when he makes a bogus claim that he "meant to do it", it becomes a big deal.

The whole point of my post was that he shouldn't instantly label someone an idiot when all he sees is a few minutes of cobbled together, heavily edited videotape presented in the most "shocking" and extreme manner possible.

It is funny how that point is totally lost in this all out campaign to prove that Bill can do no wrong.
    -Aristotle

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Okay. I get it. Threshold is right. How could I have seen otherwise? What was I thinking in believing Bill? Even worse, what was I thinking that it really didn't matter if it was an error or not? Geez, I'm so glad that I've been shown the light. :rolleyes

There. Someone agreed with you, Threshold. NOW can we move on?

So, I wonder...does anyone know if the girls can leave before that aren't selected like the guys/girls can do on The Bachelor/Bachelorette?

Pistachios are really tasty.

I think they can lobes.

Alex said something like, "...and by accepting this gift..."
    That would indicate to me they have the choice not to accept it.
    If that makes sense.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast