+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Joe Millionaire - Episode Three Recap

Thank you for the detailed feedback on my article. It always means a lot to me when folks read what I write in such a thorough and effective manner.

In my defense, I will point out that I was indeed attempting to make a joke about the word sheik/chic and MoJo's potential looseness. If you look at the writing as a whole, you will see that I pretty much attempt to mix in humor in just about every paragraph.

Sadly, I obviously crashed and burned here, and you are certainly within your rights to point it out. In my Word document, I had put the words into italics, but without the vb codes it didn't transfer. I will attempt to do a better job in the future.

I will point out at least one additional obvious mistake I did make, that being "Remember folks, guns don’t people… morons with champagne bottles kill people…" Notice the missing word.

I am sure I may have made others. As for my opinions on Evan, they are mine, and mine alone. Clearly you are welcome to disagree as you have.

Thank you again for your feedback.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Bill, you can please all the people some of the time, some of the people all the time, but you can't please all the people all the time. I loved the recap!

And this thread also helped straighten out a misconception I've had for years about Philosophy. For years I lived under the misconception that it was Aristotle that said "If you can't say something nice..."

Loved your recap, Bill! Funny as usual!
    Most of us get the humor that you add to your recap. That's what makes it great.

These are a few of my favorite FUNNY quotes:
    Then he says, “it eats my brain out.” Hmmm…short meal there Evan…

I remember seeing that same stare on Animal Planet, and it is too bad that Paul the Croc Hunter wasn’t there to help. “Crikey Evan, that is the same stare that a croc has just prior to leaping out of the water and devouring some unsuspecting critter… be careful mate!”

How many times do we have to say that we all know about the editing!!! We just don't care to over-analyze it like some people. :rolleyes . We're having fun with the show! Lighten up people! Jeesh!

Very very funny Bill. I don't think they have to work to hard in editing to make Evan look stupid, every time I've seen him do an interview about JM he looked and sounded stupid.

Love your take on his time with Zora.....clearly Evan knows how to put women at ease.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Threshold, welcome to the site. As you can see, the "sheik" thing was intentional, unlike most of Evan's antics.

Evan has himself admitted that he's not the sharpest tool in the shed, and his many TV appearances and print interviews go on to reinforce that point. I fail to see why it's a bad thing to make fun of his (and the girls') stupidity on the show...

Here's the thing, that apparently several people miss. And I say this with all due respect to everyone.

Television is ENTERTAINMENT. We're MEANT to laugh, cry, be amazed, be happy, etc. at it. If you want to analyze every single frame of footage looking for things to pick apart, you go right ahead - knock yourself out. It's YOUR experience.

But when you start telling me how I should be enjoying MY experience, that's where I draw the line. If I want to say one week that I think Evan is an ass, and next week I want to say that I think Evan is the next Einstein, that's my perogative. I don't have to back it up with facts - hell, I don't even have to spell perogative right if I don't want to. Why does it matter so much to some people that everyone else agree with their opinions? Opinions are like a*holes - everyone has one, and they usually stink. Celebrate your difference of opinion, rather than forcing it on everyone else as fact.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled recap. Great job, Bill!

Once again, Bill...you rock! Great job!

Ho ho ho! Watch out, Thresh, the chicks on this board don't tend to believe that editors can tweak the message like that. I'd direct you to FORT's The Amazing Race 3 archives for examples...but why bother?

How many times do you have to be told?
    We are all well aware of how editing can be maniulated to distort the true facts.
    The majority of people here did not believe this was the case with Flo.
    If my memory serves me correctly (and yes I'm going by memory because God knows I don't ever want to revisit those posts) no one said they did not believe editing could be a factor, but simply that they didn't believe it was in the case of Flo.

As none of us know Flo, including yourself, none of us are privvy to the meetings where they decisions are made about editing, including yourself, and none of us know exactly what ended up on the cutting room floor, including yourself, then none of us can say with any degree of accuracy exactly what part editing had to play in Flo's case.

For God's sake give it a rest.
    Sometimes people will not agree with your opinion, that does not make you right and them wrong or vice versa.

Please have more respect for the posters here (whether you agree with them or not) than to call them "chicks".

Sorry to further polute Bill's recap thread with this, but I'm sick to death of people's opinions being dissected and dismissedbecause they don't agree with Tuluminous.
    Last edited by fluff; 01-22-2003 at 10:19 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Well said, Fluff.

FORT Fanatic
    I'll say it again, Bill, you rock. I really needed the laugh from reading your recap, as well as the one I got from reading a post questioning your wit and intelligence. Too funny.

I didn't watch this ep of JM but I knew that someone on the FORT would provide an excellent recap! Thanks!

FORT Fogey
    Fluff for president!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast