+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Smoking

Leo
    Premium Member
    Eeeek. I hate it when I have to be near someone who is smoking - I try to stay about five yards away from them. Any closer, I'm the one who gets a headache.

Me too Leo.

It's getting easier and easier to do as laws are being introduced banning smoking in so many public places.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Leo
    Premium Member
    Originally posted by fluff
    Me too Leo.

It's getting easier and easier to do as laws are being introduced banning smoking in so many public places.
    I'm not entirely sure, but there are laws against public smoking here. Enforcing them is another matter.

I once even saw another student at my university smoking in the hallways, practically under a "No Smoking" sign. :rolleyes

Ugh. They do seem to be pretty well enforced here thankfully.
    "That's Numberwang!"

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    hmm.. here in my country, they have this grossed-out pictures of what happens to the internal organs if one persists on smoking..

It looked so disgusting (had a picture of a brain with black blood oozing out S-L-O-W-L-Y) on tv during the campaigns.

Smoking is a no-no for me and my family.. prefer to keep the air at home nice and clean..
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Originally posted by broken_pryncess
    my husband thinks smoking is absolutely disgusting - but, we are together, and i don't think anything could ever seperate us. and, to be honest, he is the reason that i now want to quit smoking... but, not because he doesn't like it or doesn't want me to - but, because i want to have as much time with him as i possibly can. i don't want to give up our "forever" for a few hits on a cigarette. and, with his encouragement and support, i think that i just might be able to do this... it's just so hard!
    BP, you brought tears to my eyes. Beautifully written.

thank you...
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Originally posted by unexplained
    hmm.. here in my country, they have this grossed-out pictures of what happens to the internal organs if one persists on smoking..

It looked so disgusting (had a picture of a brain with black blood oozing out S-L-O-W-L-Y) on tv during the campaigns.

Smoking is a no-no for me and my family.. prefer to keep the air at home nice and clean..
    They have those pictures on the packets here too.
    It doesn't seem to make any difference to people unfortunately.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678