+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Smoking

ahhh. When I was pregnant the thought of cigs made me ill. My husband (he smoked then) would put the cig out at the car, then walk at least 100 yards to the apt and as soon as he walked in I'd yell at him and tell him he was gross.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

LG.
    Originally posted by cali
    interesting that they were only shown smoking in the hotel room, and not around Joe. I wonder if he knows? If they washed up and brushed their teeth before their dates, he may not know.
    Ah cali, my dear friend, that is said like a true smoker. Believe me, a non-smoker can tell if you're on a date with a smoker. The scent is in your clothes and in your hair even if you haven't smoked after your last shower and change. It's just there. Ili and JoeGuy, congrats on quitting, that's great.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

true smoker... that's me The last of a dying breed
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Sarah and Melissa were both smoking on JM last night.

My grandmother and great aunt smoked all thier lives and their health was greatly hindered by it. Of the three sisters two had cancer and smoked like chimneys.

We inherited some furniture from my great aunt. It had this strange off-white almost golden paint on it. When my mother went to refinish the furnature she discovered that it was not paint but nicotine coating the paint. The back and inside of the drawers did not have the golden coat. They were stark white. One of the reason she wanted to refinish the furnature is because of the harsh sour smell it emitted.

Honestly I have nothing more against someone who smokes than I do against someone who wears too much cologne. As long as you are not blowing smoke on me or spraying me with your cologne I really do not care. I just know how it has affected me and my family and friends concerning their health, life and death.

My mom had three close friends as a young adult that stuck with her throughout her life. Mom was the only one who did not smoke. The other three all got some form of cancer. Two are now dead from cancer and the third had to have the lower lobes of both lungs removed. It is amazing what the human body can survive. I am tired of watching my mom's friends dye painfully. Just my viewpoint.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

When I watched the scene with Melissa and Sarah smoking, it struck me that Sarah was not really a smoker at all. Melissa's cigarette was way lower (had been smoked more) and the way she was smoking looked to me like someone who was just doing it because someone else was. Those of us who do or did smoke should know what I'm talking about.

Basically, it is whether or not Evan has an aversion to smoking.
    Watch out, It's a stampede!

Hmmm, I didn't really pay any attention to that.
    I just thought, "they're smoking ugh!".

I haven't seen any shots of Evan smoking so far, this obviously doesn't mean he's a non-smoker. If he is, as you say it's just a matter of whether or not he can put up with someone who smokes.
    "That's Numberwang!"

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Originally posted by cali
    true smoker... that's me The last of a dying breed
    Cali, do you see the irony of your statement?

Originally posted by Fluff I haven't seen any shots of Evan smoking so far, this obviously doesn't mean he's a non-smoker. If he is, as you say it's just a matter of whether or not he can put up with someone who smokes.
    Well, Evan is either with a date or doing a confessional. And when he's doing a confessional, he always has a beer or glass of wine in his hands, so he has nowhere to hold a cigarette. At least that's what I noticed last night.

I think it's been reported that Evan is into the gym, big time. It seems highly unlikely anyone with the dedication needed to maintain such a chiseled frame with body sculpting would smoke or date a smoker. A former smoker friend commented to me the other day how smoking is in this age of "body Nazism" popularly perceived as being "low class". It seems obvious that Evan is a social climber type.

I've never smoked a cigarette or tasted brewed coffee. No wonder so many of you act as though my opinions are beamed in from Mars. Kissing a smoker =

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Okay, Tulum, I've been pretty accepting of your views up to now, but that you don't drink coffee is just WRONG!!!

Or are you just a Folgers Crystals man? You did say "brewed" coffee.

The smell of brewed, percolated coffee is disagreeable to my stomach, Wayner. I do like the smell of the roasted beans, however. I'd say I get a sort of high from the smell of the roasted beans. I ate two or three beans once. Not very taste-y.
    Even if brewed/percolated coffee is nectar, I won't be trying it, even on a dare. I don't like the idea of having a weakness for food and drink. I don't want to have to have a cup of Joe, or maintain a habit [caffine, nicotine, ethanol, etc.] in order to have energy and feel good/ be civil. I'm not a religious kook, either. Strictly non-sectarian.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast