+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Episode 3 discussion *Spoilers*

Episode 3 discussion *Spoilers*

Joe Millionaire
    60 min.

Evan takes his five remaining bachelorettes on individual dates, including a show at the Moulin Rouge and dinner at the Eiffel Tower. At the end of the hour, a fateful boat ride down the Seine sends one of the women on her way home. Alex McLeod hosts.

Tonight at 9pm Eastern on Fox.
    And after that, switch to NBC, and watch the second season premiere of Meet My Folks - you won't be disappointed!

I have one question...

What did Evan say to Zora on their date that made her not trust him? It was when they were at dinner. It wasn't when he let the bulldozer thing slip. It was before that. I was getting some food, so I missed that part.

JR.
    He was just trying to get her to talk about her background, and she wasn't really opening up. HE said something like "what's the matter, don't you trust me", she said no but didn't go into detail.

I'm also wondering why she didn't make a bigger deal out of his slip.

I think it wasn't so much that she was on to him, as it was that she has some issues she didn't want to just blurt out... and evan's manner of making her feel comfortable was less than effective.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Yeah, it seemed to me that Zora didn't trust Evan enough to discuss her life with him. Zora did say several times that she came from a poor background and she didn't feel like she could identify with Evan (because he's a millionaire).

I was very surprised to see that Evan picked Zora over Allison. Their date was pathetic. At least with Allison, it seemed like both of them loosed up a bit and enjoyed the date. I still like Zora, though.

I was completely shocked that he picked Zora over Alison... Plus, he may think he can get some fun from Sarah... and by the previews for next week it appears he does... but come on, she sat right there at the table Evan and told you she couldn't be with someone who wasn't honest...

Paul liked Alison... that would be good enough for me

But then again, she did seem to want someone more sophisticated.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

lol_its_fun
    Don't forget to mention the date with Mojo. Evan said the date was quiet, and they didn't have much conversation, but then after the date Mojo said " Yeah we have a lot in common".

I was really confused when he let Alison go, she seemed to relax after she talked to him about being unsure about all of this. But I do have to agree with her about Evan...."quit going on about a hamburger when you have a private chef cooking for you in France, dude. Grow up and try some different food." I'm not sure if he is acting like he thinks a construction worker turned Millionaire would act or that was him but geez, it annoyed me when he was doing it. I notice she gave Paul a kiss on the way out, I hope he kept her number, they may get along.

I think Zora wasn't paying enough attention to Evan to really catch the slip up, either that or she just noted it as another reason not to open up to the guy as clearly he isn't trust worthy.

The only date that seemed to go well was the one with Melissia M. But hers went well because she was so busy being thrilled about being at the Effiel Tower that he really didn't have to do or say much.

Mojo......all I can say is "lose the hat".
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

It's not just a question f trusting Evan, there might be some things she doesn't want to say on camera.

I wouldn't trust himeither if I were her, she barely knows him.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Melissa Jo looked so freakin' hilarious in that hat last night.
    It was about the farthest thing from "chic" I can possibly imagine.

The other women clearly don't like her at all.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast