+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Joe/Evan Gay Rumors

cali: cali: Evan, in my opinion isn't gay and by gay I mean homosexual...attracted to members of the same sex in a sexual way...
    I understand, cali. Just wondering what information you are using to form your opinion? His flannel holey-heterosexual shirt? [The ol' he's a lumberjack and he's OK motif?] My point was that milliions of American women swooned for Rock Hudson in his day, not knowing of his true preferences and predispositions/predispositioning.

I'm reminded of that old saying... you idoit!

Just because someone is gay doesn't mean he's automatically not cute. If "millions of american women" knew that Rock Hudson was gay, would that make him any less attractive to them? Probably not.

And it's a known fact that all the good men are either taken or gay.

Maybe Evan is gay. Maybe not. Being on a show saying "Marry me to prove how straight I am!" might say he's gay to some. He doesn't strike me as gay, despite the gay underwear modelling and military schooling.

I can only speak for myself, but whether or not someone was gay would make no difference at all to whether or not I found them attractive as you say Ducky.

My feeling about Evan is that he isn't gay.
    I don't have anything scientific to base that on, it's just my opinion.
    Last edited by fluff; 01-19-2003 at 10:09 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

If he were gay, why would he bother to go on JM? So he can get a couple thousand female fans? Why would he bother?

I agree with you fluff. In fact, he said the same thing both times about her, and it seemed to be along the lines of "nothing is clicking for me with her, but she is trying real hard, so I will give her a shot"

I think the one on one's will tell us more.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

fluff, you may be onto something, Seems as though FOX is starting to promise us a "huge" finish... maybe he picks someone we just don't see him liking that much
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Tuluminous
    I understand, cali. Just wondering what information you are using to form your opinion? His flannel holey-heterosexual shirt? [The ol' he's a lumberjack and he's OK motif?] My point was that milliions of American women swooned for Rock Hudson in his day, not knowing of his true preferences and predispositions/predispositioning.
    Why do I have to have information? Why can't you read what I wrote and realize... "Oh, cali has a gut feeling he is not gay" and drop it?

He looks nothing like Rock Hudson nor has he made countless leading man movies... so the point there is moot.

I swoon over Lobeck

I swoon over Lobeck
    Don't we all, Cali!
    BNIAPWOC

Uh oh, if I'm not careful, people might think I'm Rock Hudson. I swear, I'm not. I have proof.

I believe the moon is made of blue cheese.

cali: Why do I have to have information? Why can't you read what I wrote and realize... "Oh, cali has a gut feeling he is not gay" and drop it?
    I had hoped that you would be operating on more than gut feeling, as gut feelings are typically very subject to change and extraneous influences.but I do respect you right to form your opinion as you will.
    duckgirl: I'm reminded of that old saying... you idoit!
    A Star Trek temporal paradox?
    duckgirl: Just because someone is gay doesn't mean he's automatically not cute. If "millions of american women" knew that Rock Hudson was gay, would that make him any less attractive to them? Probably not.
    Heterosexual girls don't usually want to date to mate with a gay! That's preposterous. The originator of this thread indicated that an gay Evan would be a "waste", I thought. I wouldn't think most heterosexual women would want to be swapping spit with a gay man. We must be on two different planets. "Earth to Duckgirl on Beta Gamma 4." Also, I never said same sex oriented males, even gays, wouldn't be comely. Where you came up with that is a mystery of misreading, indeed. In fact, I can see that being attractive to and attracted to both sexes might be an evolutionary advantage, which likely explains why sexuality[attraction/desire/action] falls under a bell-shaped curve, is not in the vast majority of cases, black or white.
    duckgirl: Maybe Evan is gay. Maybe not. Being on a show saying "Marry me to prove how straight I am!" might say he's gay to some.
    It's called leading a closeted life.
    duckgirl: He doesn't strike me as gay, despite the gay underwear modelling and military schooling
    That is so funny. Thanks for bolstering my point. Rock Hudson didn't stike millions of fans as being "gay"as he was straight acting in public, and in movies and ON TELEVISION!

+ Reply to Thread