+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Joe/Evan Gay Rumors

Originally posted by John
    Well, there's nothing sexual about an "iodine enema". In fact, the iodine is a contrast agent used for CT scans, similar to barium. The iodine solution is typically given in enema form rather than orally when the CT scans involve the pelvic area, as it tends to invade the area quicker than orally.

And you think Evan knows any of that John?

I don't give him credit for even knowing the term 'iodine enema.' He was probably taught proper English skills before the show, along with his etiquette lessons. Must.....use......big........w ords.

Well, he used it as a term for "something bad", so I'd assume he's either had one, or knows someone who's had one. It wouldn't be anywhere near the top of MY list of interchangeable terms for "something bad".

I'd go for something more like "This is gonna be like putting up a spinnaker in 30-knot winds."

Originally posted by John
    "This is gonna be like putting up a spinnaker in 30-knot winds."
    huh?:
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Sorry, a sailboat racing reference. It was meant to be a head-scratcher, just like Evan's comment. I guess that helps make the point that it's a "personal experience" type of comment.

Originally posted by KylieGrant
    I don't give him credit for even knowing the term 'iodine enema.' He was probably taught proper English skills before the show, along with his etiquette lessons. Must.....use......big........w ords.
    He probably thinks "enema" is the female version of "enemy".

thanks for clearing that up, john. i was, indeed, scratching my head.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Originally posted by Summer
    You know all those sayings about the best looking people ... being gay ...
    Originally posted by BILL_IN_PDX I have always been told I don't dress well enough to be gay...
    Gay men are generally more concerned with their own physical appearance and dress style.(May be that is why gay men are the best hairdressers and fashion designers.) Straight men are more concerned with function, efficency, and getting things done. It is more important to be strong/capable/smart than just appear strong/capable/smart. Moreover, straight men are taught it is unmanly to prim or be overly concerned with personal appearance. Being a straight man, I don't care much about clothing styles or colors so long as my clothes are clean, comfortable and maybe neat. Unless the occassion requires it (eg. office or formals), I prefer to dress casually.
    Last edited by Bill747; 01-18-2003 at 10:00 PM.

I am not sure that agree with all of your conclusions there Bill, but I will simply point out that my comments were intended in a humorous vein, and not a blanket statement.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

John: Well, there's nothing sexual about an "iodine enema".
    Unless one has nerve endings 'down under' which are scintillated by the iodine and/or by the delivery system.
    Are you familiar with "Totem and Taboo"?
    John: I say again, for the whatever-eth time, that it's extremely unlikely that Evan is gay.
    [follow the treasure trail] As I don't believe there is really such a thing as being "gay" I'd tend to agree with you: I wouldn't be a bit surprised to learn that "Joe" has homosexual attractions and unfulfilled homosexual desires, or is a bi-sexual, however...
    bill: Gay men are generally more concerned with their own physical appearance and dress style.(May be that is why gay men are the best hairdressers and fashion designers.) Straight men are more concerned with function, efficency, and getting things done. It is more important to be strong/capable/smart than just appear strong/capable/smart.
    I'd need to know your definition of "gay",? If you mean all same-sex oriented men as far as attractions and desires, androphile and bi-sexual types, if you will, then my reply is no way. I suspect that lots of directed men--even ranbow flag waving "gay" ones-- from Alexander the Great, to Hadrian, to Michelangelo, Shakespeare, Walt Whitman,J. Edgar Hoover and modern day professional athletes and Wall Street- financier billionaires might reject your notions
    Last edited by Tuluminous; 01-19-2003 at 03:30 AM.

+ Reply to Thread