+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Millionaire Sets the Record Straight!

Joe Millionaire Sets the Record Straight!

Joe Millionaire Sets the Record Straight!

January 15, 2003
    This week on "Joe Millionaire," EVAN MARRIOTT picked grapes and shoveled horse manure with his plucky dates -- who must certainly be getting wise to the fact by now that the lovable lummox isn't really the tycoon he claims to be. But does FOX's hunky construction worker have something else to hide?

Rumors have been circulating on the Internet and in the tabloids concerning Evan's sexual preference. Tonight, ET's MARY HART asks Evan the tough questions on our set, starting with, "Are you gay?" And he sets the record straight!

"No," he says matter-of-factly. "I was really in love with a girl before I moved out here. I've got nothing to hide. It's just people who see a guy who's had a little bit of success, who start taking potshots. And if I have a lot of gay fans out there who are having gay fantasies [about me], then rock on."

Evan also answers some hardhitting questions about his income, and why he eliminated DANA, the gorgeous blonde, from the show!

"I bet ya' I got 10 calls last night -- 'Why'd you let Dana go?'" Evan says. "Dana was gorgeous. She was beautiful. But Dana didn't really open up. She was actually like those girls on the train ride. I couldn't get to know her. Dana was nice and sweet but I had to make a choice."

Over the next few weeks, Evan, a 28-year-old, 6-foot-5-inch construction worker who's posing as a wife-hunting tycoon, is speed-dating through a pool of 20 women to find that one special lady. Last night he eliminated Dana and six others, and presented sapphire necklaces to five girls -- ZORA, ALISON, MELISSA, SARAH and MELISSA JO. On the next episode of "Joe Millionaire," Evan whisks his five leading ladies to Paris for a real French holiday!

So which actress would FOX's bachelor like to meet most? "MARILU HENNER," he confesses. "I think she's hot. She's a little bit older and she's a little bit before my time. But is that odd? Am I being ridiculous here? I've got a thing for redheads."

And if I have a lot of gay fans out there who are having gay fantasies [about me], then rock on."
    Good for him

I've got a thing for redheads."
    Hmmm, this might explain why he selected Alison despite feeling she had no interest in him.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Sleeping with George W
    Marilu Henner is a "LITTLE" older?? She could be his mother!

She's still pretty hot looking though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Originally posted by fluff
    She's still pretty hot looking though.
    She is. She's got terrific dancer legs. I saw her perform in "Annie Get Your Gun" last year in Denver; she was very good. And the male lead was also surprisingly good. He had a great voice, excellent stage presence, I was impressed. Why was it surprising? Because it was Tom Wopat of "Dukes of Hazard" fame!

I saw TW sing his number from AGYG on Good Morning America and was blown away too, Wayner. I knew he could sing, but did not know he would be that good.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Wasn't Tom Wopat the original male lead in the recent revival of AGYG (w/ Bernadette Peters)?

I don't know Lobes, but I do know that when there was a Dukes of Hazzard reunion a year or so ago ole Daisy wasn't looking so good.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Yeah... and who was the rocket scientist who thought that a Duke's reunion was a necessary thing? Seems to me that the world was doing just fine without it.

Before you know it, there is going to be a Petticoat Junction reunion, complete with walkers and oxygen tanks...
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

LG.
    TW also had a recurring role on the Cybill Shepherd vehicle sitcom from the mid-90s, as Cybill's first ex-huband, the stunt man who was the father of her teenage daughter. He was a little chunkier than Luke Duke but still looking pretty good. I preferred Cybill's second ex-huband, Ira, the accountant and father of her second child. Yes, we've got the lowdown on Tom Wompat.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast