+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: ***SPOILER*** The last 2 ladies standing

sunsiray

***SPOILER*** The last 2 ladies standing

***WARNING*** If you want to be kept in suspense, do NOT read any further, please
    ----------------------------------------------------

OK - I do have friends in the TV industry and they do on occasion shoot their mouths off. Yes, I did work for a TV producer, and yes I did wind up making commercials for a national product before I quit. I also have a friend recently hired by MTV pretty far up in the heirarchy, as well as a close friend currently shooting a new movie/TV series.

If you have read this far, I feel pretty safe about dumping the SPOILER: Zora is one of the last 2 ladies standing.

Princess
    Well... I can't say that it surprises me much, sunsiray, I counted on that already. I'm more curious about who the other one will be.

Same here, Modesty! I think it will be Zora and Melissa M.

sunsiray
    Ahhhhh....I don't *think* that the Melissas are the other one....but I have not yet reached my loudmouth friend to see if she's gotten the other name.

I'm not surprised, either. I really like Zora.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Well, at least Evan has some brains.

But somehow I don't like the sight of one of the nice ones on the show being surprised at the end. Much more fun, to have, say, MoJo as the "winner".

Melissoa Jo is now my choice to win simply because I feel that out of all the ladies left she is after the cash.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Wow, sunsiray...you've dated wealthy Englishmen and stayed in opulent castles...you're a "diamond junkie" with "far too many to wear at one time" (and the diamonds you have are not "K-Mart specials")...you gave away 2 sapphire rings that were given to you...you've turned away mink coats that were offered to you...you've got friends in the TV industry, have worked for a producer, and have made commercials for a national product...you've been elbow-to-elbow with "millions of Brits"...and you're a trained musician.

What a life you've lead! What's your secret?
    Last edited by lobeck; 01-15-2003 at 10:45 AM.

sunsiray
    What's my secret? I guess I would attribute it to being in the right place at the right time. The showgirl gig was not my idea. My best friend wanted to audition and didn't want to do it alone. She talked me into audtioning with her. The rub? I was selected and she wasn't. (*ouch*...just remembering the scene after the announcements is painful today....fortunately she knew that *she* had dragged me to that audition, otherwise I'd never have done it).

The TV producer? I had worked for him as a regular musician for 3 months. About 8 months later I received a telegram asking if I wanted to work in front of the cameras. That gig was strictly because I "fit the part". That's why I know so much about the ruthless producers using people to make a buck. I also want to add that I turned down an offer for a national TV series because I had seen enough of how actors can get fired and left on the street at a petty producer's whim. That may have been a mistake in my career, but I have no regrets about wanting security first.

Staying in the Mark Hopkins Hotel in San Francisco for one of the commercial gigs was probably the thing which helped me a little. There were a lot of movie stars and British royalty there while I was taping that commercial.

I want to underscore BIGTIME that I am not a gold digger and I'm not looking for a husband. I've had more marriage proposals than I can count, but the worst day of my life was to have 3 of them in one day. I knew 2 of them were coming and had been thinking of how to let the men down gently to keep their integrity intact. After I had accomplished that, I stopped by to lend a helping hand to a friend and he whopped out a headlight-sized diamond ring & proposal. That one blindsided me! I did not see that one coming and was so rattled it was a tough scene for me to exit gracefully.

I know I am different from a lot of women. I believe that you can date men simply to enjoy their company. I'm very self-sufficient and perhaps some men key in on that. Whatever the reason, I've had a lot of extraordinary experiences and a lot of travel for dates. (By the way, it was not a castle in England...it was a manor house).

And there is one unique talent I have which I've used for the benefit of others: I can usually figure out how into get to places inaccessible to the lay person. One insignificant example is my Japanese friend was enamored with George Takei and we were staying at the same hotel with him. Rather than let her pester him for an autograph, I simply waited until around noontime, walked up to him and asked him if I could buy him lunch.
    My Japanese friend & I had an hour of conversation over lunch with her hero. Simple enough (and my Japanese friend is still incredulous that I did that).

I think the thing which people largely misunderstand about "fame" is this: Fame finds you, you don't find it . (unless you are extraordinarily talented on the par of Alec Guiness or Barbra Streisand).

BTW - my friend who just got the big job at MTV? I did one of my gigs of getting her in to the private apartment of one of her heroes. Heh, heh, heh....she owes me a favor somewhere down the line.

I would like to beg the pardon of anyone who feels I wasted time on this thread by answering Lobeck's question. I hope that my answer to him/her helps shed some light on what goes on in the TV/movie industry. Thanks!
    Last edited by lobeck; 01-15-2003 at 12:29 PM.

Sorry about the "edited by Lobeck" comment above. I hit the wrong button.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast