+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: ***SPOILER*** The last 2 ladies standing

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Originally posted by fluff
    Melissoa Jo is now my choice to win simply because I feel that out of all the ladies left she is after the cash.
    Yes, yes, yes Fluff!

I like the other girls, and don't want to see them embarrassed at the end!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Exactly, BF (and Fluff)...HoJo deserves all the embarrassment she gets...

Originally posted by sunsiray
    I know I am different from a lot of women. I believe that you can date men simply to enjoy their company. I'm very self-sufficient and perhaps some men key in on that. Whatever the reason, I've had a lot of extraordinary experiences and a lot of travel for dates. (By the way, it was not a castle in England...it was a manor house).
    With all due respest, sunsiray, are you implying that most women have alterior motives when dating men? I'm sure there are lots of women out there who "can date men simply to enjoy their company."

Oh, and sorry about the castle/manor house mix-up. I guess I haven't been in enough of either to make the distinction.

I like Zora bunches. Would like to see her win if he really was rich, but not when she gets the shaft. Let Mojo win, she deserves the whole thing
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

So true, Ili...

FORT Fanatic
    Originally posted by lobeck
    Oh, and sorry about the castle/manor house mix-up. I guess I haven't been in enough of either to make the distinction.
    lobeck! you are killing me.

I guess I'm just like other girls, because I only date men for their gifts of travel, diamonds, minks, etc. I don't even bother to enjoy their company. Riiiiiiiight. :rolleyes

sunsiray
    Originally posted by lobeck
    With all due respest, sunsiray, are you implying that most women have alterior motives when dating men? I'm sure there are lots of women out there who "can date men simply to enjoy their company."
    I don't think so, Lobeck. Although I would agree with your assessment of women in certain age groups, there's an awfully high divorce rate in this country which leads me to believe that people are dating/marrying for all the wrong reasons.

Ulterior motives might not be the right descriptor. Loneliness? Insecurity? Gold Digging? Wanting someone to lean on so women don't have to face the harsh realities of life? I'm not certain that women even know themselves before they move into the serious dating lane and onto the expressway of marriage.

On another thread I had posted my dismay about the "Cinderella Myth" which young women are apparently still clinging to. And the movie, PRETTY WOMAN, did nothing to dispell the Cinderalla myth.

Not all young women are like that, but I do believe that the vast majority of them are.

FORT Fanatic
    So it's not OK to want someone to lean on, but its OK to let all sorts of men give one expensive gifts and travel while apparently letting them believe one is interested in a serious relationship(leading to marriage proposals)? I'm having a lot of trouble justifying your criticism of other women against what you have told us.

but anyway, I think Zora is very cool. Let's hope that she really likes Evan, and she is independently wealthy so she doesn't care about the money. Or, let's hope that she doesn't really like Evan, and doesn't care either way. Let's just hope it ends well for her I don't remember seeing her in a confessional talking about really being attracted to him - what has she said about him?

Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, sunsiray, but I disagree with you. You sound like quite the expert/authority on this and other things...are you really Dr. Phil?

I think for you to make generalizations/implications that most women aren't able to date men solely for their company (like you are) is unfounded and unfair. I know plenty of women--old AND young--who have dated and/or married for LOVE and not because they are lonely, insecure, or gold diggers. These women are stong, secure women who certainly "don't need someone to lean on" so they "don't have to face the harsh realities of life." Man, I hope my sister never sees your posts...heh.

You mention your dismay about the "Cinderella Myth" and how the movie "Pretty Woman" did nothing to dispell the myth. I think I understand your point (though I could not find your post about the myth after a quick search), but I have a question. Now, in that movie, Julia Roberts' characters accepts lots of gifts, etc. from Richard Gere's character. You profess that you are a self-sufficient person, yet you also seem to have accepted a lot of gifts (jewelry, trips, etc.) from men. What's the difference?

Originally posted by Jill
    but anyway, I think Zora is very cool. Let's hope that she really likes Evan, and she is independently wealthy so she doesn't care about the money. Or, let's hope that she doesn't really like Evan, and doesn't care either way. Let's just hope it ends well for her I don't remember seeing her in a confessional talking about really being attracted to him - what has she said about him?
    I'll admit that I haven't watched more than 15 minutes total of the show, but, judging by what everyone has posted/said here, I agree w/ what you've said above, Jill.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast