+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Episode 2 Post Show Discussion **Spoilers**

sunsiray
    Cali,

TV producers have one goal: hire the face which makes them the most money. Talent doesn't matter...it's what they perceive the public wants to view.

I don't see Evan as making it as an actor (but I do know a total idiot who has just landed the lead role on a new television series...the guy has never done any acting in his life and the producer hired him because he fit the picture of the lead character to a "T". That new series will be released to the mass media in Walmart & other chains, scheduled for 2004. I'm dying to see my friend's "acting" on this series).

Evan is a very, very hot commodity now. The whole world knows who he is and he's going to get some pretty hefty paychecks in the future to promote advertising products. I'd shudder to think he would be hired as an actor, but refer the above about non-actors. :rolleyes

I can't imagine Heidi still has a boyfriend back home. Not if the man has any pride.

Heidi should just be happy to date anyone that would put up with her! She has got to be one of the most self-absorbed, arrogant, conniving people I've ever seen.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

sunsiray
    Heidi, Heidi, Heidi....perhaps the good old fashioned term "conceited" is an appropriate adjective.

Not to worry....there's some conceited fool out there to buy her off and put her on his arm. They'll both be miserable.

Originally posted by sunsiray
    Heidi, Heidi, Heidi....perhaps the good old fashioned term "conceited" is an appropriate adjective.

Not to worry....there's some conceited fool out there to buy her off and put her on his arm. They'll both be miserable.
    *biting tongue*...

Originally posted by sunsiray
    Cali,

TV producers have one goal: hire the face which makes them the most money. Talent doesn't matter...it's what they perceive the public wants to view.

I don't see Evan as making it as an actor (but I do know a total idiot who has just landed the lead role on a new television series...the guy has never done any acting in his life and the producer hired him because he fit the picture of the lead character to a "T". That new series will be released to the mass media in Walmart & other chains, scheduled for 2004. I'm dying to see my friend's "acting" on this series).

Evan is a very, very hot commodity now. The whole world knows who he is and he's going to get some pretty hefty paychecks in the future to promote advertising products. I'd shudder to think he would be hired as an actor, but refer the above about non-actors. :rolleyes

question... what do you mean about a series being released to WalMart? Is this some industry speak I am unaware of?
    Also, if the guy can't act, how long will his series last?
    Joe may very well get his 15 minutes, but it would not suprise me in the least if he winds up with something closer to 5 minutes.
    There have been a lot of "reality" show contestants (that wanted to become actors etc) with much more charisma than Evan, and I haven't seen them.... at all
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

sunsiray
    "question... what do you mean about a series being released to WalMart? Is this some industry speak I am unaware of?"

I can't remember the specifics of how the pilot was previewed, picked up and is being marketed. Originally, FOX TV wanted to air this new series and then backed out. Then some media-marketing whiz jumped into the fray on behalf of the producer and took it the route of "Made for TV" and released on video through video stores, and chains like Walmart (there were other chains, but Walmart was the only one I'm certain of).

Although the pilot and first episode are in the can, I *think* the series generated so much interest that they are side-tracked with a 2-hour made for theatres movie. Charlton Heston was scheduled to play the lead role instead of my dopey friend. But Heston is suffering from Alzheimer's I'm not certain who the lead is going to be in the movie.

From looks alone, Evan could play the part of the younger brother in this new project. But only if he was playing the part of a deaf mute.

lol_its_fun
    Originally posted by FatalAttraction
    Heidi looked like a malfunctioning android when she didn't get picked. It was priceless. Wish I would have taped it.
    Whatever!

wow, I've never heard of series going straight to video.

What is the name of the series?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

You're killin' me, Cali...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast