+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Episode 2 Post Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Originally posted by sunsiray
    A previous poster made the comment that "diamonds" aren't rare. That is correct. However, it's the grade of diamond which counts. (Yes I have all of my diamonds appraised and insured...they aren't K-Mart specials).

As for the two sapphire rings I was given by former dates....I gave them away to friends. The next time you are in a jewelry store, check out the prices on sapphires versus diamonds.
    No offense, but I have some strong feelings on "diamonds". In some parts of the world, they're a dime-a-dozen, regardless of quality. As common as trees, even the "expensive" ones. The most despicable wars are being fought over these little gems, basically to keep people from flooding the market & diminishing the product's value. The sale of diamonds is a truly nasty business, on par with drugs. Of course, out of sight out of mind for most folks. Sorry for the little rant.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    There are some great comments in this thread.

- I agree with those that like Zora; she became my favorite last night. She seemed to actually enjoy herself, she's not said anything catty (at least that they've shown us), she seems sweet, down to earth, and she's gorgeous. That hair is incredible.

- Sunsiray, no armor is needed. We don't throw tomatoes on this board. However, your credit cards are being maxed out as we speak. Seriously, while I think Zora is more my type, I think that Dana is a stunning woman. Tall, great body, nice facial features, great hair, and she actually seemed like a nice woman.

- Heidi. Yep, then "Whatever" comment was priceless, as was the "I've never met a more random guy in my life" comment. And the way she was dismissive of Paul Hogan when she had to describe her bag was completely classless. How about getting off your lazy rear end and helping him look for it instead of butchering the French language trying to act cultured. Too bad they cut out the scenes of her at dinner ordering the "Es-car-gott, Fill-it-mig-non, cham-pag-nee, and for desert - crappy suzetees."

- Chosing Alison. Didn't he say something like "I don't think she's into me at all, but she's hot."? Really poor choice. But perhaps he's just thinking "So what if she doesn't like me, if she's a gold-digger I might be able to get a little action and then toss her."

Princess
    Am I the only one who found it very strange that so many of these girls decided to wear turtle necks when they *knew* that they were going to be given a sapphire necklace (provided they were chosen of course)? Very bad taste, imo.

Re. Dana, I believe he said that she was too quiet for his taste, that he wanted someone more "spunky".

I really came to dislike Melissa M this episode. From seeming sweet and innocent she now came across as a lying and scheming brat. "I can pretend to like picking grapes", "I'm really not an outdoorsy type - I want to be inside", "I'm the gossip queen". Hey - if you really want to find true love, perhaps you shouldn't pretend... or could it be that you are only after his money?

sunsiray
    Jodaar wrote: "The most despicable wars are being fought over these little gems, basically to keep people from flooding the market & diminishing the product's value. The sale of diamonds is a truly nasty business, on par with drugs. Of course, out of sight out of mind for most folks. Sorry for the little rant."

I agree wholeheartedly with you, J. I stopped accepting any type of diamond gifts a few years ago after I became enlightened to the political/war aspects of their genesis. It was more than troublesome to me. I would like for you to know that all of my diamond jewelry is designated to be given to charitable groups. (The ASPCA & Defenders of Wildlife are two of my favorite charities).

And....I turned away a mink coat offered to me by a date. I was already aware of the suffering caused by that 'gift'.

Happy to hear that sunsiray. I didn't mean to get carried away & off the subject. Back to Joe M now.

Sleeping with George W
    Originally posted by Jill
    I really don't know why folks hate Evan so much. I think he is sweet. He handled Heidi's fear of the horse really well. Most guys aren't that nice. Maybe he's not that bright, but I'd rather have a dumb sweetie than a braniac jerk.
    Yeah, he's so sweet that he agreed to lie to 20 women so some network could humiliate them in front of the entire nation and he could get 15 minutes of fame.

Princess
    Eden, I think Evan might actually be stupid enough to believe that it was a fun joke until he actually had to do it. OR it might be his "revenge" to all those women that has turned him because he don't have enough money, with the obvious bonus of getting his 15 min. of course....

sunsiray
    If Evan wasn't well off before this TV show, he's bound to be after it. TV producers know a hot commodity when they see it and they'll pay plenty for Evan to appear in advertisements (flat photography or televised). He's a shoo-in for making a ton of money for the media now. And his paychecks will be commensurate.

really Sunsiray? I wonder if being Joe Millionaire may actually hurt his chances at "stardom"
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Fanatic
    Eden, I'd be prepared to forgive him the lie, as long as it was just about money and he is not lying about who he is, or how he treats his girlfriend.

I have a very wealthy friend who lies to his girlfriends about his monetary situation, at least for the first few months. He pretends he is average middle class, just to weed out the golddiggers. I think it's understandable, either way.

I think it is crap that Heidi had a boyfriend back home and was still making a play for Evan. Making sure she's got the next one lined up before she dumps the original, J.Lo style. I can't stand those types of girls.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast