+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Episode 2 Post Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I thought the dates were a great idea. They weren't there for fun, they were there to be evaluated.

I guessed all of his picks correctly except I thought he would have taken Dana & not Alison. I don't think anyone here would have thought he'd have kept Alison around after his comments.

I was glad he kept Zora. I liked her the best since the first episode. She seems like a genuine & humble person who is laid back & easy to get along with. I think she'll go far.

So glad to see Heidi go! She has got to be THE biggest bi*ch I've seen on a "reality" show, even worse than Ghandia or Jeri from S2. And classless. Her comment of "WHATEVER!" when she didn't get chosen just showed her lack of couth. She couldn't even pretend to be gracious for 5 minutes. And the comments from the butler were hilarious, as well as her poor French. And you know she was sitting there thinking how sophisticated she sounded, with her French. Haha, the joke was on her & now we can all have a laugh at her gibberish quasi-French

I was also thinking last night, they keep saying that "Evan makes $19K a year as a construction worker." I think he probably has an additional income of some kind, whether it's from a second job, or whatever. I don't think he's secretly rich, but I bet he makes a decent living. We shall see!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Sleeping with George W
    Originally posted by JR.
    They should've spoken up and hijacked the conversation. It's their own fault for letting her go on.
    I totally agree with this. Rather than just sit there pouty-faced, I would have interrupted her at some point and said, "Wow, that's really interesting stuff, MoJo. I bet Brandi's got an interesting life too." Then turn to Brandi and say "Brandi, why don't you tell us about yourself!" Grab the role of moderator and keep the conversation going from one girl to the next, then lastly to yourself. It amazes me when young women don't know how to assert themselves in an appropriate way!

Regarding Dana ... I think she intimidates Joe because she's nearly as tall as he and far better looking. I think he knows that she'd dump him in a nanosecond at the end of the show, because she can do a lot better than him.

I suspect our Joe likes the brunette/redhead freckly girl next door somewhat tomboy type and that's the attribute shared to some degree by all the five finalists. Alison may be his idea of the "rich girl" (as in Ralph Lauren model) that he covets, but knows he can't have. Maybe he likes keeping her because he likes knowing that a girl like her is actually competing for him. She's got something that really gets to him. Saw it on the first night when he put the pearls on her. His hands were shaking like a leaf.

As for Mojo, please for the love of God, lose the glitter makeup! It's hideous.

sunsiray
    I'm glad that Zora was the first name called. I realize that Evan is smitten by Melissa (his loss IMHO). Evan really cut some terrific gals on this episode.

I have my armor on to fend off all the tomatoes about to be thrown, but I don't think Dana is anything at all. She's not beautiful......I don't get the attraction to her by people on this board. But we all have our opinions of what is attractive.
    And I think the same thing of Mojo.

As for Alison - she's a loser.

Ah well, as the field narrows, it's going to be a lot easier to winnow out the ones who are not in the least able to be compatible with Evan.

BTW - Sapphire necklaces are rather on the cheap side (as were the pearl necklaces). I know...I'm a diamond junkie and have far too many to wear at the same time.

Originally posted by sunsiray
    BTW - Sapphire necklaces are rather on the cheap side (as were the pearl necklaces). I know...I'm a diamond junkie and have far too many to wear at the same time.
    I'm not a big diamond fan. If you actually think they're rare, you're being scammed.

FORT Fanatic
    Originally posted by sunsiray
    . BTW - Sapphire necklaces are rather on the cheap side (as were the pearl necklaces). I know...I'm a diamond junkie and have far too many to wear at the same time.
    Go easy - he only makes $19K a year, he can't afford nice necklaces!

I really don't know why folks hate Evan so much. I think he is sweet. He handled Heidi's fear of the horse really well. Most guys aren't that nice. Maybe he's not that bright, but I'd rather have a dumb sweetie than a braniac jerk.

LG.
    even if they aren't the world most valuable jewelry it's somewhat more valuable than a rose and is either a momento of the contestant's tv experience or something to sell on Ebay later. BTW, I just checked Ebay, no sapphire necklaces there just yet. So, where does the jewelry go from here? We've had pearl and sapphire necklaces, do we end with a diamond ring? Any bracelets or earrings along the way?
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

it looked like some ruby necklace thing for next week.
    Of course FOX has been SO very bad with their promo's by showing scenes from future eps.... bugs the crap out of me.

I don't think Evan is that bad, he was sweet in the way he handled Heidi on the horse. He's just not my type. I do agree though that for hanging out perposes I'd trather hang with a dumb sweetie than an arrogant brilliant jerk.... luckily I've been able to hang with sweet brilliant people
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I thought next week was emeralds, the necklaces are probably fake to go along with the whole deception theme.
    "That's Numberwang!"

sunsiray
    The next "gift" is, I think, going to be diamond bracelets.

A previous poster made the comment that "diamonds" aren't rare. That is correct. However, it's the grade of diamond which counts. (Yes I have all of my diamonds appraised and insured...they aren't K-Mart specials).

As for the two sapphire rings I was given by former dates....I gave them away to friends. The next time you are in a jewelry store, check out the prices on sapphires versus diamonds.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast