+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Butler Says He Didn't Know

Butler Says He Didn't Know

Joe Millionaire: The Butler Did It

Paul Hogan, a veteran British butler, was hired by Fox to transform Joe Millionaire (a/k/a Evan Marriott) into a true gentleman of the world.

But even Hogan did not know Marriott was a hoax.

"I didn't know it was a hoax," said Hogan, who was hired for the show through England's prestigious Butler's Guild. "I didn't know there was a twist until the last day of shooting."

And how did he feel once he knew.

"I thought it was fascinating," he said.

Hogan's task was not an easy one. He had to transform a Southern California construction worker into a polished aristocrat.

"I'll have to say he is a quick learner," Hogan said. "But it was a bit of a triage operation at the start. We tackled the major things first and then went from there."

The veteran butler said he did notice a change in Marriott as the days went by.

"I'm sure there was a maturation process," he said. "I don't know how significant, but there was one."

Copyright 2002 by The Associated Press.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

This is somewhat difficult to believe... more disinformation? or did Hogan really not know Joe wasn't rich...
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.

Hmm...This is an interesting article. If it's true that Paul didn't know anything about the hoax, that throws a wrench in my theory that Paul is the real millionaire.

Well, Fox has claimed from the start that the butler didn't know Evan wasn't rich. This just goes along with that claim - and continues to be true or false, depending on your view

The veteran butler said he did notice a change in Marriott as the days went by.

"I'm sure there was a maturation process," he said. "I don't know how significant, but there was one."
    This made me laugh. Such a very British thing to say
    "That's Numberwang!"

It'll be interesting to view the show with this new found knowledge and see if Paul makes any references to Joe not really being rich.
    I was sure he made a couple of comments last week that would indicate he knew he was lying to the women.
    "That's Numberwang!"

funny, i think i remember him talking about that, too... something is definitely not right with this show...
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Hi broken-pryncess, welcome to the site

I'll certainly be looking out for any comments that indicate he might have known about it.
    Obviously they could be edited out so nothing is conclusive.
    "That's Numberwang!"

broken_pryncess!

I think I will go back to see if the Butler did anything to give it away. Clearly in the introduction of the show he lets on to the whole story, so he DID know.

But, they may well have shot the intro scene at the end of the filming.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    If he didn't know he was rich, then what was with the "lessons"
    Had he came into the bucks two years ago as thought, he would have gotten up to speed before this.
    I don't buy it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast