+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ManlyThoughts on Joe Millionaire

Being that this is so entirely scripted and that it costs money to make a TV series, even if it's a reality TV series, one would think that they rehearsed his background a little more than they did so as to avoid blowing the whole thing. It's not like they asked him to list his last ten investments and how much they've earned for each quarter. They just asked him his middle name.
    Exactly! I can't believe that the women didn't find his stuttering suspicious. For a moment there I thought the show was over, but nobody seemed to notice anything. Strange!

Princess
    I think many of the women are (were) suspicious, but either they didn't want the fairy tale to be untrue and simply ignored anything that contradicted that idea, or they just decided to play the game, so to speak.

Episode 2: Shoveling the Schtick
    http://www.manlythoughts.com/joem_episode2.html

Evan randomly narrows the field down to five girls and reminds us YET AGAIN about his financial status and that he's hoping to find out if the girls are into him or his wallet. Ugh. WE GET IT ALREADY!

For some strange reason, Fox decided to show yet ANOTHER five-minute series preview instead of the usual 30-45 second opening song and such. This is really weird. I'm watching the show. I don't need a 5-minute teaser to get me to watch it. And I surely don't want to see and hear what happens all the way to the end of the show. Fox producers: I AM ALREADY WATCHING THE SHOW!
    There is quite a bit of speculation that Fox just has to have some sort of twist up its sleeve - maybe Evan really IS a millionaire or that maybe it's the butler, Paul Hogan and not Evan, who is looking for a mate. I think that deep down people are hoping that basically ANYTHING other than what this show is supposed to be about is going to happen.
    But you know, Fox is doing such a horrible job in every respect, I'm all but convinced that there is no way they could've come up with something as interesting as a twist. Plus, the more I watch him and the more I see his reactions to things and to what the women say, I think that there is even LESS possibility that Evan truly is anything other than a $19,000/year handsome, brainless, dork.
    Last week, Joe Millionaire attracted 18.6 million viewers, outperforming the series premieres of every other recent reality show, including the original "Survivor" and ABC's "The Bachelor". But for some inexplicable reason, Fox is doing everything it can to make this show really, really bad.
    Why the 5-7 minute long season preview?
    Why would they give someone the title of "Host" and then refuse to allow her to be seen for the first 46 minutes only to then make her read maybe 3 sentences off the teleprompter and tell her to go away never to return again for the rest of the show?
    How can they allow the "star" of the show to repeat the same thing ad nauseam? (And I'm going to give you a hint as to what this might be... "I don't make much money and I get dirty at work and I need a woman who will love me for me and not my wallet." WE... GET... IT!!)
    Why would they so blatantly take advantage of the huge ratings and sell LOTS of advertising such that during the last 34 minutes of the hour-long show, the viewers get to see roughly 16-18 minutes of commercials.
    I should warn those at Fox that people are going to stop watching the show and will, instead, just read my articles.
    Enough of that crap.
    My favorite part of the show, Paul Hogan, opens the episode with his British or maybe it's Australian or maybe just an English-speaking Frenchman accent, "Welcome back to Joe Millionaire... "

(click to read the recap:
    http://www.manlythoughts.com/joem_episode2.html )

But for some inexplicable reason, Fox is doing everything it can to make this show really, really bad.
    I agree.
    They are getting good ratings, the Producers should get the editors back in the pep things up a bit.
    The show is gettig a little dreary, particularly as Heidi's gone.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Great stuff again, Rob! Wonderful use of the REVIEW feature.

Hey, rdaugherty, if John's letting you put a link to your site here, why aren't you including a link to the FORT at your site? *raised eyebrow*

FORT Fanatic
    Rob, I am so, so glad that you put in the "oh Lordy!" part. I thought that was so funny. It hasn't gotten nearly enough press.

Hey, rdaugherty, if John's letting you put a link to your site here, why aren't you including a link to the FORT at your site? *raised eyebrow*
    I just forgot. In my first recap, I linked and provided the praise this group deserves. At the bottom of the latest article, I've added a link and description.

Also...

I NEED MORE EVAN REVIEW PAGE Info. Pictures, quotes from the show, anything. I'd like to expand that review page into something Evan fans will love and Evan haters will love even more.

Thanks for the link back, Rob!

Great stuff.

Originally posted by rdaugherty

I NEED MORE EVAN REVIEW PAGE Info. Pictures, quotes from the show, anything. I'd like to expand that review page into something Evan fans will love and Evan haters will love even more.
    If I tape this weeks show I'll listen out for anything good from him

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast