+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evan on Regis

Damn, I was watching this morning and turned it over as they were getting on my nerves.
    I would have kept watching if I'd known Evan was going to be on, not that they would have given him much of a grilling though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Sassafras Jack
    Allright. I just finished watching good old Regis and Kelly on satellite. Frankly, I thought he was pretty laid back. A little on the ofish (sp?) side, but a very funny guy.

The were asking him about the ettiquite lessons and how all that went. His responses "I didn't know merlot from box wine" or "it's not like you get off the construction site and go take waltz lessons every day" or "when she stuck out her hand I didn't know what to do with it. Lick it or kiss it?" (These are not direct quotes, I am just trying to remember what he said). He commented on the fact that he thought it was ridiculous that he rode up to the chateau on a horse. He had never ridden a horse before and couldn't understand why he was doing it then.

I take back what I was saying that the audience will side with the girls after watching his training. His training is hysterical. I don't know that I can't side with him after watching him drag his feet around a ballroom, waltzing and tripping by himself as he counts away. It was a riot!

So, basically they're trying to make him look like he's a country bumpkin? Let's not forget that he's a part-time model who travels to NYC and Paris, and that he grew up as the son of a bank Vice President, and went to a private military academy school. I have no doubt at all that he knew exactly what to do with that extended hand.

Sassafras Jack
    I don't know...

We were just talking about it. He has either got to genuinely be stupid (he says something about mom and dad trying to do their best with him, but not being entirely successful) or he is a darn good actor. It takes a lot of talent to carry off being oafish, clumbsy and inarticulate when you truly are.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12