+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Smoking Gun... Evan

The Smoking Gun... Evan

As usual, the folks at thesmokinggun.com have found the dirt, but sadly this dirt isn't nearly as exciting as the usual Survivor contestant fare:

===============
    The construction worker who masquerades as a wealthy bachelor in Fox Television's upcoming reality program "Joe Millionaire" apparently is, in real life, really low on cash. Because Evan Marriott, the TV show's 28-year-old star, was recently nabbed by California Highway Patrol officers for "toll evasion" on an Orange County highway. Since it's unclear where Marriott's trip started, he likely owed the State of California somewhere between 50 cents and $2.50. Marriott, driving a 2001 Ford truck, was cited for blowing through a toll plaza on State Road 73 near Irvine, California (below you'll find the ticket he was handed by a CHP officer). Marriott pleaded guilty and paid a $104 fine in connection with the September 25 incident. "Joe Millionaire," which debuts January 6, features Marriott--posing as a guy who just inherited $50 million--"looking for a special someone to share his newfound wealth." The joke, of course, is on the 20 female contestants, who will learn that Marriott is, according to Fox, "just a regular 'Joe' and his wealth is a fašade." (1 page)
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

He wouldv'e been better off paying the .50 or $2.50, than the $104 fine. Hopefully, he'll get some endorsements soon to pay that off.

OMG, what a total loser.
    I'll never understand why people try to evade tolls.
    The amount of the toll is always so much less than any fine you'll get if you get caught.
    "That's Numberwang!"

When I was in Florida, I had to drive across the Sunshine Skyway every day. I had a Florida Sunpass which was a little electronic thingy on my windshield which would let me go through certain lanes automatically, and just deduct it from my account.

Once in a while, though, the thing wouldn't go off when it was supposed to. So technically, I ran the toll booth without paying. I wonder if this is what happened to him?

you're right Bill, this isn't a big secret I see smoking gun and expect dirt!

That sure is a hefty fine... makes me laugh.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread