+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Andrea

Sleeping with George W
    Originally posted by fluff
    I think anyone taking part in a reality show should probably steer clear of the shows official site as they always seem to get away with a lot more there.
    And they'll certainly want to steer clear of the Television Without Pity site, where they've promptly christened the girls "Joe's Hos."

The meanest thing I'll say at this point (until/unless she makes an ass of herself on the show) about Andrea is that her little round cheeks and great big eyes remind me of Tweety Bird.
    Attached Images Attached Images

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Originally posted by lurkinggirl
    Here's a hint for Andrea and the others too, we're nicer to people who actually come to the site. I know how pandering, but it's human nature to be nice to people whom you know will be reading what you write.
    I agree...(most) people aren't hurtful by nature, and knowing that the person you are writing about is reading what you are saying is definitely impactful.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

The show is clearly set up to make us think badly of what could abd porbably is a very nice bunch of young women.
    The gold-digger line was used by Fox, that is what they are caling the ladies.
    As I have said before, I find the "ditch-digger" to be the bigger sleeze because he is actively lying to these women to set them up for a fall.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Sleeping with George W
    Totally agree, Fluff.

After all, this show comes to us from the producers of Temptation Island. And what could be sleazier than purposefully trying to break up a marriage on national television?

I expect a TON of sleaze in this show!

Although sleazy, the participants of Temptation Island do all know what they're letting themselves in for.
    We have seen cases where they are unable to emotionally deal with the situation, but they did at least know what it was all about.

The fact that the women weren't given the full facts about the Joe Millionaire show does add a further level of grime to the show imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

And they'll certainly want to steer clear of the Television Without Pity site, where they've promptly christened the girls "Joe's Hos."
    Even so, Television Without Pity is usually pretty dang hilarious.

I just finished my preview article on Joe Millionaire. I took comments from this group (including you, Mom) and was very nice to the ladies.

Here's the link:
    http://www.manlythoughts.com/joem_preview.html

I provide comments on each of the girls in addition to my general view of the show, which happens to be something like this...

"Unfortunately, they're not going to tell the women about Joe's non-millionaire status until it gets down to the last girl. This is just cruel. Being chosen as THE one, thus winning this pseudo-competition out of so many attractive women would not only be exciting but also very flattering. But then, all of this love and happiness and hand-holding will be shot to hell when she's told that they've been lying to her all along. Putting her on the spot like this only stands to make this one girl look bad. There is no way for the woman to win in this game. The one selected in the end stands to lose - and lose big.

It's too bad they won't narrow it down to, say, the last 5-10 and THEN tell them as a group."

I don't have high expectations for this show because Fox is so incompetent. Like many of you have done in this group, I rip apart the photographer's lack in addition to the horrible choices in clothing.

Ugh.

Thanks for the plug, Rob. And the article is very well done, as usual!

I'm not surprised she didn't make it past the first stage.
    I think she is a pretty lady, but she was among many last night and failed to make an impression as far as I could see.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456