+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Premiere Episode (1/6)

Premiere Episode (1/6)

Joe Millionaire

60 min.
    Debut: Forget roses.This new series has ruses, as 20 women vie for a bachelor who's not all he's cracked up to be.
    The prize up for grabs is Evan Marriott, a man the ladies think is worth $50 million. He's actually a $19,000-a-year construction worker, which producer Jean-Michel Michenaud believes is the big hook. “Will they see him for who he really is or be blinded by money?” he asks. Only the gal who wins over Evan (and survives his weekly cuts) will learn the truth, but before then, Michenaud hints that some “very interesting tensions” crop up among the curious competitors. The gold digging begins in this episode, where everyone convenes at the fantasy man's French chateau. Alex McLeod hosts.

Seems as though Fox is determined to use the term "gold-digging" at every possible opportunity.

There will always be tensions when a group of people gather all vying for the same thing.

The more I think about this show the more I think it;s an incredibly cruel trick to play.
    "That's Numberwang!"

JR.
    Originally posted by fluff

The more I think about this show the more I think it;s an incredibly cruel trick to play.
    Well if the money doesn't matter like the women say, then it's just a regular dating show.

I think it's interesting that none of the eliminated ladies will find out the truth about Joe until they see the commercials on TV after taping.

FORT Newbie
    an incredibly cruel trick to play.
    I don't see how it can be cruel in any way. Reality TV game shows have been around long enough for any contestant to realize what they might be getting into when they sign up.

Unless you are a brain dead gold digger, that is.

I think they are setting the women up to look look like gold-diggers when they might not be.

I could really like the man, but if I found out they he had been lying to me I would no longer wish to persue any kind of relationship with him.
    "That's Numberwang!"

SLAP ME HAPPY - I'm all over this premier next week. Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha! Let the drama begin.
    You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I think it would have been more interesting if they revealed the truth when it got down to 3 finalists (or whatever).

I agree that it's a little cruel. However, I don't give any of these reality romances much merit anyway...
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Hey Mokka, I just found out what this is about. I can't believe the sleaze factor the netwworks will resort to. Yeah, I'm looking forward to it too.
    A rose soft, pliant and fragile when touched will quiver excitedly

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Originally posted by John
    I think it's interesting that none of the eliminated ladies will find out the truth about Joe until they see the commercials on TV after taping.
    Yeah, I bet that was quite a shock!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast