+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did the ladies REALLY not know about Joe?

John you are right.
    I'm having a hard time believing people are still going to say that some of the wmen thought they were just getting a free trip tp France. The application really puts an end to that theory.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Sassafras Jack
    I know Melissa Jo fairly well. Unfortunately, she and I are no longer seeing each other, so I do not speak to her often. As much as I know that girl. She knew EXACTLY what she was getting into (except, of course, that Evan is not a millionaire). I have never seen anyone look over a contract as closely as she has. No matter what the premise, no matter what the contract is dealing with, she reads every word of everything before signing and asks more questions then anyone I've ever seen.

I am sure that she knew exactly what she was signing up for.

Princess
    Sassafras Jack!
    What you say makes perfect sense... if the girls are smart, they know what they are doing. Why they are doing it is beyond me, but I'm in no position to judge them.

Sassafras Jack
    Over time I may have come across brighter people, but MJ is certainly not one to jump into contractual agreements without making sure that she is aware of what she is getting into.

I can take a fairly accurate guess at why MJ did it, but it's not from her mouth. I, too, do not feel it fair to judge someone simply because it is a choice that I would more then likely never make. I just can't wait to watch!

Originally posted by Sassafras Jack
    I know Melissa Jo fairly well. Unfortunately, she and I are no longer seeing each other, so I do not speak to her often. As much as I know that girl. She knew EXACTLY what she was getting into (except, of course, that Evan is not a millionaire). I have never seen anyone look over a contract as closely as she has. No matter what the premise, no matter what the contract is dealing with, she reads every word of everything before signing and asks more questions then anyone I've ever seen.

I am sure that she knew exactly what she was signing up for.
    Hi Jack, welcome to the site.

Thanks for your insight into this subject.

It's a shame to think Melissa Jo (and probably many others) would have the smarts to read over the contracts fully yet the producers of the show are still duping them in this way.

Originally posted by Sassafras Jack
    Over time I may have come across brighter people, but MJ is certainly not one to jump into contractual agreements without making sure that she is aware of what she is getting into.

I can take a fairly accurate guess at why MJ did it, but it's not from her mouth. I, too, do not feel it fair to judge someone simply because it is a choice that I would more then likely never make. I just can't wait to watch!
    I think the problem with this show is that the Producres and Fox themselves are clearly skewing all publicity in Joe's favour.

A preview I saw the other day made the point that there really is nothing wrong in "telling a little lie".
    The production company and Fox have labelled the ladies gold-diggers, knowing full well that they didn't know the full facts before agreeing to be on the show.

We already know that some of them were approached instead of answering a casting call. However, there's no way they didn't agree to the contract - or read through it thoroughly - before going to France.

Still, the contract was mildly vague.

There's no way these girls were offered trips by some shady looking guy in a back alley. Sold for slavery? Come on. A major network offered the trip. It's pretty easy to prove this.

Why not go to France for a paid vacation? Even knowing that it's Fox and a Reality TV show and their history with bringing out the worst in people, I wouldn't hesitate in the least. I'm sure they're thinking, as would I, that there's no way even Fox could change them into horrible people or make them look bad.

These women were offered a PAID month-long vacation in France in a mansion AND to be on TV. "Umm... nah, I think I'd rather just stay home in my apartment and rent movies for entertainment."

Sleeping with George W
    Well ... all I can say is that many, many people who read every word of a contract still have problems believing they'll be held to it. Sad, but true.

The contract for The Bachelor explicitly stated that the undersigned would agree that ABC had the right to edit footage expressly to show the bachelorettes in a negative or even FALSE light. And every one of those girls signed that contract. And some of them whined and cried and whimpered about the editing later. They just don't believe when they sign it that it's gonna happen to them. Sad, sad, too bad.

Sassafras Jack
    I'm not saying that MJ or any of the other girls isn't going to whine and complain about this. I'm simply pointing out that I know that there is 1 girl who definetly read every word of everything that was put in front of her. Whether or not she believed she would be held to every word....

Well, it is FOX after all.

I think anyone going on a reality show has to be aware that the editing can and probably will skew things.

My feeling is that the entire tone of the show is favouring Joe, so I think some of the ladies might be in for a tough time.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast