+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Melissa Jo

Princess
    GLITZ, there is no need to be rude to the people posting here. The contestants knew what they were going to be subjected too - reality shows have been going on for too long for anyone to miss that. If we didn't comment and speculate, there would be no reality shows for them to participate in. We enjoy the game, and enjoy the speculation, and I'd say that we are about the nicest board that you could find. It's all in good humour and we are all well aware of the editing that's going on. If you care to read more of our threads here, you'd find that there are few "little minds" around in this place, and that we always welcome a serious discussion about the shows, the contestants, and what make people participate in these shows.

If Fox wanted us to talk about these ladies' college education, they'd have included their transcripts with the introduction. Obviously, it's all looks, which is why they included just pictures, names, and ages, and the barest of job titles.

Precisely John.

If scorn should be poured on anyone for stereotypical behaviour it's Fox themselves.
    "That's Numberwang!"

GLITZ
    I agree fluff...but come on Modesty...most people posting (including myself) are getting sucked into that stereotyping black hole...we are judging these ladies on one picture and a few commercials...i mean take into heart what some posts are saying about the girls...like Gretchen being in a Girls Gone Wild Video...that has to hurt their feelings a lil' bit (personally, who cares-the fact is WE ARE STEREOTYPING)...and for you to boo hoo about calling WE posters rude...is just ridiculous...most posters ARE STEROTYPICAL...unless they truly know one of these girls. i'm not trying to be rude to anyone on purpose...i'm just callin' it like i see it. Not everybody...but MOST!

Glitz, there's one difference between us and the ladies on this show. We're not on TV.

The rules of the site are, you can say what you want about anyone who is a contestant on the show (within reasonable PG-13 limits, and halfway decent taste, of course), but there will be absolutely NO tolerance of flames or baiting of the other members of this site.

Anyone who can't agree to those rules can find another site to post on, because we simply won't allow it.

I agree, saying "hey, Gretchen looks like she's on a GGW video" without even attempting to back that up with some proof is juvenile and shouldn't be done. But if these girls were worried about their feelings getting hurt, it's a consideration they should have made before signing several legal documents to appear on TV.

We're stereotypical because that's the information we've been given.

I'm really running short of the patience to keep explaining this in every single post. If people can't figure it out, I'll just shut this particular forum down, and y'all can go be indignant somewhere else.

All this a month before the show even starts airing. And Glitz, if you think it's bad now, you should wait until it start airing, and people pick up a head of steam. If you don't believe me, check out the Bachelor archives in the "Romance & Dating Shows" forum.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    The whole reality show group of programs have one thing in common. The contestants are Media whores . We know that , the contestants should know that by now. If they don't, they must have been under a rock since summer 2000 when the first Survivor came on.
    We make fun of them ,and discuss them here - thats what we do. We do NOT make fun of other people posting.There is a huge difference.
    Our little corner of the world may not suit you if thats what you like doing. As John says get out now, cause when the shows on, the posts are really high volume.
    *does not want to live thru Bachelor Wars again*

GLITZ
    I see...we (posters) can dish it...but we can't take it...hey that's fine with me...I would hate for anyone to talk to you or I like that. And I agree those girls subjected themselves to that. However, I still think if we (posters) could step outside of our safety corner of the world & put ourself in their shoes...any contestant on shows like this for that matter...i just think some people posting here would not be so stereotypical and maybe a lot nicer if they could do that...but i guess not everybody understands the golden rule...treat others the way u wish to be treated. I can't wait to see the show to see how these girls really act (or at least how fox portrays them), sorry if I offended any members...didn't mean too...just callin' it like i see it.

However, I still think if we (posters) could step outside of our safety corner of the world & put ourself in their shoes...any contestant on shows like this for that matter...
    See, that's the difference. Most of our posters would never put themselves in those shoes. And can't, for the life of us, understand why anyone would.

But the answer to your post is, we can take it, but we're not going to have an environment where anyone here HAS to. This forum is for discussion of the show, not a place for discussion of the people who watch it...

I for one, would not be stupid enough to go on a show where I would be in competition for the hand of some supposedly rich babe. If you do sign up for a show like that, then you better get used to having "golddigger" hanging around your neck like an albatros
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

GLITZ
    This is so funny...I love this site. On to a better subject...seen a new commercial for the show today during football...showing more clips from the show...lots of kisses were goin around...woohoo! Gold dig on!

+ Reply to Thread