+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Melissa Jo

FORT Newbie

Melissa Jo

Go easy on the girl, getting thrown into the lions den of reality TV has got to be tough. I know Melissa Jo and your from the hip judgements are way off base with her. She's a great girl that's as smart as she is beautiful, she's got a good head on her shoulders, she knows what she wants, and she has a solid set of morals that she lives by. Just remember when watching this that this show is all about ratings and money. It does them no good to show the best side that someone has to offer, and that things taken out of context often sound bad. Just keep an open mind about all of this, she really is a good person, no matter how this show portrays her.

FORT Newbie
    Where is there info on the rest of the girls????

hey stromboli! welcome to fort. sorry if our comments were off base. we realize that in reality tv shows that the programs are edited to make the women look as catty and selfish and pitiful as possible. hopefully, for your friend melissa, this won't be the case. however, that being said, the celebrity news shows are already promising more cat fights and pettiness than The Bachelor could have hoped for. doesn't sound like the editors plan to do anything other than make the women look bad. sadly, that's always the case and even the women that are wonderful and go in with the best of intentions are made to be seen in a negative light.

most of what is said here is based on information found on the web and mags and from what's shown on tv. we realize that it's probably quite inaccurate, but feel that when people put themselves on these kind of shows, they are leaving themselves out there to be scrutinized by the public.

that being said, it's good to have you here, and you feel free let us know how melissa jo really is because the info available in the public is all we have to base our opinions. we understand that we don't know her, but mean no disrespect to you or her.

re: info on the other girls, i'm guessing b/c melissa jo has worked in the business, she has a lot of info that is already easily accessible. once the program begins, i believe that more info on the others will also be available and added.

stromboli110,

I appreciate your comments, and we certainly welcome additional information regarding your friend.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Stromboli,

Sher pretty much said it all, but we repeat several times throughout every show that "We realize that we are only seeing what the TV producers want us to see...A small piece of made-for-tv drama." Our comments are not intended to be based on the real human being behind the camera's editing process, and I hope that both the people taking part in these shows and those reading about it realize that.

But, again as Sher said, those who decide to put themselves on TV make themselves available to be criticized. Since we know absolutely nothing about these ladies (and the guy) except their pictures and a 3-word description of their job, it doesn't leave us much to go on at this point, so looks inevitably are the first thing to come to mind.

We intend to have more information on the other ladies, as we can find it. It just happened that I stumbled across Melissa Jo's information today, and wanted to share it. If I find anything from the other ladies, rest assured, it'll be here.

If you feel that we cross a line, please don't hesitate to e-mail me at admin@fansofrealitytv.com - I'll be happy to look at the information.

Thanks for sharing your opinions with us stromboli.
    It is always good to have a friend of a contestant help straighten out the editing, so hopefully you will be able to shed some light on any strange happenings with Melissa Jo when the show starts.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Cool. Insider information. Hopefully stromboli can clue us in as to what's real & what's not. And please don't take it wrong if we make a little fun of her. It's all meant to be in fun. We're generally not a real mean spirited bunch.

BTW stromboli, can you shed some light on the publicity photos? Why was she photographed in front of a brick wall & not the mansion like all the other girls? Was she not available the day they were shooting? Sick? We'd really like to hear what you may know.

A girl from Indiana wants to be a model and moves to Hollywood to chase her dreams. God, what a novel story! She will probably be able to find lots of other models friends from the Midwest sitting outside the Greyhound station on Cahuenga Blvd.

Being an employed model in Indiana is a whole lot better than being an out of work waitress in L.A.

I'm not being sarcastic -- only realistic.

Being an employed model in Indiana is a whole lot better than being an out of work waitress in L.A.

Absolutely, It's Pat

No offense to Mellisa Jo, but it would appear that she saw this show as a career stepping stone rather than as a way of finding "true love".
    I don't criticise her dream or her desire to achieve it, but it does seem the wrong reason to go on a show of this particular type to me.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie
    HELLO TO ALL OF YOU WELL WELL THIS SHOULD BE VERY INTERESTING I FOUND THIS SITE AND JUST HAD TO JOIN!! I HOPE YOU ALL DONT DO THIS TO ALL THE GIRLS LOL MELISSA IS MY DAUGHTER AND IAM VERY PROUD OF HER. FROM THE TIME SHE WAS IN NURSERY SCHOOL I ALWAYS KNEW SHE WOULD GO FAR IN LIFE. SHE HAS THE MOST KINDEST HEART OF ANYONE I KNOW - SHE TRUELY IS THE GLUE THAT KEEPS THIS FAMILY TOGETHER. FOR THE ONE THAT WROTE NICELY ABOUT MY DAUGHTER TY VERY MUCH I BELIEVE YOU KNOW THE TRUE MELISSA JO. FOR THE REST OF YOU - THATS OK YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO YOUR OWN OPPINIONS BUT IF YOU WOULD EVER MEET MELISSA YOU WOULD SEE THINGS DIFFRENT. SHE IS NOT ONLY BEAUTIFUL OUTSIDE BUT ALSO INSIDE AND HAS THE BRAIN TO GO WITH IT. DID ANY OF YOU GRADUATE WITH A TRIPLE MAJOR?? SHE DID!! LATER, MELISSAJOSMOM

+ Reply to Thread