+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: The Ladies of Joe Millionaire

sunsiray, and the other new participants!

Yes John, Katie the doctor is still there.

I think that all of the women knew full well they were trading a trip to france for participation in some kind of dating show. So that makes them no better or worse than the folks who participate in The Bachelor and it's ilk.

As to if that is good or bad, to each his (or her) own. I am glad that we have a chance to enjoy the show.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

sunsiray
    Many thanks to the host(s) of this site. It is really enjoyable to kick back and talk to others about this FOX TV show. It's fun and relaxing. And I love the smiley gifs!

I'm going to be watching every episode for perspective and enjoyment. I'll try to get the ladies straightened out in the future (like the Doctor - I don't think she'll make it to the final selection anyway).

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Welcome Sunsiray!

Yes, this show is like a train wreck! You can't look away.

I think we'll be good to go after next week as they will be eliminating 7 and down to 5!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

sunsiray, if you get the women straightened out who'll be doing much better than I will! I can never keep Reality TV contestants straight!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by sunsiray
    Men lie about anything & everything to get sex. Period. It must be ingrained in their genes.
    I'm having trouble picking up whether or not that's a joke from the tone of your post. I'll just assume it is

I agree with your prediction though, ain't no wedding coming out of this.

lol_its_fun
    Originally posted by GLITZ
    Why were so many girls chosen from CA...do you think some of them were really acting parts...instead of being themselves? I do.

Because getting a pair of fake boobs is as common as getting divorce here in LA....does that answer your question?
    Last edited by lol_its_fun; 01-07-2003 at 10:11 PM.

sunsiray
    OHMIGOSH...did he really say that? On tonight's news, Evan was shown a photo of himself in a pair of jock shorts. His comment was, "That's not a roll of lifesavers."

Please, please, please...I hope Evan does not succumb to money offers to bare it all. Leave it to the ladies' imaginations. (We all know what portion of the population will be scarfing up his anatomy for fantasy-gratification if he bares it).

Oh dear.

lol_its_fun
    Originally posted by Wolf
    I agree sunsiray. Starting off a relationship with a lie is just asking for trouble. Even if the gal selected is not a gold digger, can she really accept Evan after that big lie?
    By the way, that would be a great excuse for the girls to turn him down. Just tell Evan " oh I don't mind that you are a construction worker, but lying to me is not acceptable, sorry honey"

Now, I wonder if he appears as a college graduates, has a job, and these girls date him, but then later on he tell the girls " oh I lost all of my money in the stock market and now I have a HUGE debt, and then these girls say" oh sorry I think you are not my type, I am looking for a guy who is financially stable" and and Evan responded " hey I was just lying, I am a real millionaire" Do you think the girls would forgive him . I think so hehe

" It's not about the lie if you really think about it" :O

sunsiray
    You've brought up some very good points: excuses for whatever girl he picks to turn him down.

But I've got some observations to add. First, Evan is more than likely a $19,000 a year construction worker. Why? Because of the way he handled that bobcat earth mover. That type of machinery is not one you can just hop onto and learn to manipulate in a few lessons. He looked really smooth on the video footage and that lends credence to his being exactly what they touted: a blue-collar worker.

Second, I'm pretty sure that he's no college graduate either. He's not quick enough off the mark and some of his responses on the news clearly marked him as rather unsophisticated.

As for the big surprise "twist" ending Fox has promised, I'm wondering if they removed the first 8 women to another place and had Evan meeting with them individually while keeping the 12 other ladies at the Chateau to make public fools of themselves?

Originally posted by onetimer
    am new to this group, so hello every body. but the funny thing is, i never really liked reality tv, i watched this one cause i kind of like the idea of the turned around rich guy is really poor guy thing.
    any-who.
    i know melissa m.
    went to school with her
    onetimer!

How do you know Melissa M.? It's always good to have "inside insight" on the show's contestants...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789