+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Evan Marriott, aka "Joe Millionaire"

Fox is doing a good job of making him out to be a nice guy. How many times did we hear "I'm waist deep in it now" or "I'm just no good at lying"

I can't decide if he's for real in those emotions or if I'm falling for Fox's big 'ol baited hook.

Last night He was made out to be a pretty nice guy while we were shown plenty of shots of the ladies ooing and ahing over his "50 mil".

Honestly...in my opinion.... OF COURSE they were going to talk about it. They really had no other info about him personally, so they talked about the one thing they knew, then Fox aired avery eye widening, drooly comment.

I think it's hilarious!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Yeah, but you know...if I were really thinking this was someone that I was looking at as a potential husband I'd be asking him where he was from, how many siblings he had, what did he do before the money, what are his hobbies, does he like football (a must ), etc....

Of course he doesn't appear to be a very good liar, so I don't think he could have handled it!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Fox is doing exactly what we said they would do, making the ladies look bad and making Joe look good.
    "That's Numberwang!"

"Joe Millionaire" is a peculiar program. To me "Joe" very nearly looks like a different person in almost every scene...
    The matter of fact, heartlesss(?) tone of the Butler/Major Domo/Narrator gives me the creeps: also The Rocky Horror Picutre Show keeps coming to mind.

Referring to the women on the show as "girls" is a mind-screw and patronizing [to them, and perhaps the viewers]: I'm surprised the gals on this board aren't up in arms!

Watching this competition for resources was not as enjoyable as I thought it might be. I think there is a bit of mean-ness about it which I don't like. A sort of melancholia encroached upon me as I was watching this show, which I wasn't expecting. Maybe Super-Ego guilt weighing down on me for enjoying the grotesquery and slaughter of a train wreck or something? Whatever it is, it doesn't feel all too right.

Anyway....

Fluff, Fox does have a good track record for doing this type of thing. They are good at it, and I guess it makes them money

I think it's BRILLIANT. Yes, I surely do. Evan does seem like a good guy and not every girl has come off looking bad.

You can't edit IN bitch. (Hi there, Heidi)
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

yes Miss F heidi is a piece of work eh? Her eyes were rollin' more than mine

Is it wrong of me to almost want Heidi to "win" just so I can see her face when she finds out he has no money?
    "That's Numberwang!"

not wrong at all fluff!

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Originally posted by cali

yes Miss F heidi is a piece of work eh? Her eyes were rollin' more than mine
    Yes Cali, but when Heidi's eye roll, it's like a cartoon character with little slot machine eyes!

And let me just add that perhaps it's my libido rather than my Super Ego that was drawing my eyes to the bilaterally symmetrical proportions of some of the liquistically capable simians.

Or to translate for the majority of our readers: I thought some of the women were hot.

+ Reply to Thread