+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Evan Marriott, aka "Joe Millionaire"

okay, in mr. marriott's defense, i don't think he's dog ugly or anything...

eny
    FORT Fogey
    He has that kooky scary model eyebrow thing going on.....
    I mean if he's not rich he should be either good looking or a really nice guy. We'll have to wait on the nice guy part, he's only OK looking IMHO

I don't think he's ugly, but I don't think he's drop dead gorgeous either.

I imagine the combination of his looks and the thought of his supposed fortune will have some of the ladies declaring their undying love for him though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Good eye for seeing the BAG-GM elements, John.
    I'll tell you what is interesting about this photo from an armchair beauty biologist's perspective: it is taken from above and on the oblique. Looking down like this on a face arguably makes it appear more attractive to the human brain: an advantage sort of thing for the shorter, often female, person. Conversely, looking up at a face can be terrifying: a power advantage for the taller, usually male, person. So, viewing an androgenized male from above is more pleasing to the eye. I also noticed in one of the other vidcaps that his ring finger looks significanlty longer than his pointer fingers, also suggesting high testosterone levels. The (nearly) black and white vidcap where we see him head-on, eye to eye is least appealing to me. The other oblique shot looks like a typical, mid-20s good looking guy. Not a 20 year old Antinous to be sure, but the women will go wild for him and all of the assets his 6'3"(?) frame, musky pheromones, and the chatueau suggest to their conscious and un-, I mean, sub-concious minds. Also please remember that the dandy photo was likely Marriott at age 19-20, in the others, gravity, ageing, dietary and life stresses, and hormonal variations have almost surely left their mark. Everything has its price. Didn't Oscar Wilde say of Beauty that " 'tis but a season on the lips"?
    Last edited by Tuluminous; 01-01-2003 at 01:49 PM.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Originally posted by fluff
    I don't think he's ugly, but I don't think he's drop dead gorgeous either.
    I'd like to think they had a hard time finding someone that was willing to do this.... (then Rick Rockwell springs into my head and all hope is lost )
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

omg
    "That's Numberwang!"

I think all of these promo pics were taken by Fox within a relatively short amount of time. I doubt that any of them are older photos, but who knows.

All I know is that when I see that picture above, I start humming the 90210 theme song.

"I think all of these promo pics were taken by Fox within a relatively short amount of time. I doubt that any of them are older photos, but who knows." John, the picture of him in the tie is thinner-faced, still a bit adolescent looking. No forehead wrinkles [they could have been airbrushed out, I know] and his hair line looks more mature in the other photos, not to mention the fuller face in those. I'd bet a dollar to a donut that he isn't more than 22 years of age in the tie photo. The Greeks called it 'horaios'. Modeling agencies call it what sells product to both men and women, I gather. But I am the first to admit that the "who knows" observation must be given full appreciation. It would be interesting to learn more.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Originally posted by John
    All I know is that when I see that picture above, I start humming the 90210 theme song.
    Great John, now I can't stop humming it.

I guess we'll see on Monday what he looks like in action!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

matt19
    come on a construction worker wearing a flower, i would have to say he probably doesn't even go for girls! Fox should have casted myself but oh, I think I exceeded the income requirement HA!

+ Reply to Thread