+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Official Fox press release

Official Fox press release

WHO IS OUT FOR LOVE?
    WHO IS IN IT FOR MONEY?
    THE ANSWERS WILL BE REVEALED ON 'JOE MILLIONAIRE'

SERIES PREMIERES MONDAY, JANUARY 6, ON FOX

Romance and reality intertwine as 20 women travel to France for a whirlwind romance with a man whom they think is a dashing millionaire. What will happen when the truth is finally revealed that he is a just a regular "Joe" and his wealth is a facade? Will his true love accept him for who he is, or reject him in search of greener pastures? As this handsome, young, eligible man begins his search for "The One," he discovers which of these women are out for true love and which are just interested in his bank account in JOE MILLIONAIRE, the new, seven-episode, unscripted drama series from the creators of the hit series "Temptation Island," premiering Monday, January 6 (9:00 PM-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

In actuality, "Joe Millionaire" is a construction worker raised in humble surroundings with only limited financial security. However, the 20 women who have been whisked off to a beautiful chateau in the French countryside believe that "Joe" has recently inherited 50 million dollars and is looking for a special someone to share his newfound wealth. "Joe," in the ultimate fantasy setting, will be introduced to women that due to his social standing he would not be able to meet in his everyday life. Among the beautiful, smart and sophisticated women gathered are a doctor, banker and business development executive.

Over the course of his stay at the chateau, "Joe" will court each of the women. As he woos them with romantic horseback rides through the countryside, wine-making at the estate's vineyard, private dinners at the Eiffel Tower and unique and priceless gifts, "Joe" will grapple with the difficulty of maintaining his million dollar charade. As the series progresses, "Joe" ultimately narrows his choice to one woman and must finally reveal the truth about his month-long masquerade and his real financial standing to her.

Will his chosen companion reject him once she learns the truth, or will true love win out?

JOE MILLIONAIRE is produced by Rocket Science Laboratories. Jean-Michel Michenaud and Chris Cowan serve as Executive Producers. Liz Bronstein is Co-Executive Producer, Roberto Cardenas is supervising producer.

LG.
    This made very little sense to me:
    Among the beautiful, smart and sophisticated women gathered are a doctor, banker and business development executive.
    Why would a woman who has spent a huge amount of time and money in going to school to get an advanced degree want to go on a "bachelor" type show to find some rich man unless her career wasn't working out like she'd planned (too damn much work involved for the money)? I know some professional women who have house-husbands who raise kids, so it isn't totally out of the question that if the woman had every intention of continuing her career she may think that Joe might might a nice "Who's the Boss' Tony" at her place, raising their kids while she brings home the bacon. That would be a cool ending, but who knows why "she" would go on a show like this to start with. More likely Bachelorettes in Alaska, where the "prize" was a living breathing man, not a rich guy.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Some people who are successful in their careers do not have time to look for a good mate, or have run into too many wackos. This way they at least know that the guy has had a pshych test done and a background check. Maybe some of these ladies are looking for someone as ambitious as they are. Who knows their reasoning? I am sure each one's reasons vary.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

LG.
    True Feifer, but as a professional who is concerned about her reputation in her career, I really can't see a single co-worker who cares about the future of her career in the business going on a tv show that would make it appear like you're a gold-digger (even without the "he's really poor" twist, frankly it does look like gold-digging). Reputation is very important in law and medicine as well as many other businesses. And people LOVE to laugh at lawyers making fools of themselves, every lawyer knows that, heck it isn't even safe to tell people your reputation on The Weakest Link without being targeted because of the legal profession and getting voted off despite being the strongest link because people hate lawyers so much. Sorry, long lawyer rant, but WHY? WHY? Why would she do that unless she was planning to abandon her career regardless of the results of the show and make a "start" in the entertainment industry? I can't fathom it.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Bumping because it's a duplicate of Fluff's thread, which I deleted. Sorry, fluff!

I didn't see this thread before I posted John.
    It makes sense to delete my thread.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread